Epsom salt is traditional ingredient used for decades that even our grandmothers frequently used it in many recipes. Its medicinal properties are amazing, for that reason it was so often used.
The content of Epsom Salt is consisted of magnesium sulfate. Magnesium Sulfates is a pure mineral compound used for various purposes. It provides numerous benefits like the following ones:
- Alleviates sprain pain
- Relieves joint pain
- Lessens bruise inflammation
- Soothes and relaxes sore muscles
- Reduces the risk of diabetes through improved insulin management
- Boosts bone integrity
- Protects against hardening of the arteries
- Protects against blood clots formation
- Body detoxifier
- Promotes sleep
- Manages stress and tension
Epsom salt incorporates wide range of uses starting from medicine, then to beauty, cleaning, and crafts product. It is also very helpful in the growth of your flowers and plants.
Health benefits of Epsom Salt
- Cough and Flu – As soon as winter comes flu and colds appear, however Epsom salt is of great assistance in these cases. All you have to do is to soak in an Epsom salt bath for 20 minutes, thanks to the minerals that it contains your cold and flu symptoms will be relieved.
- Muscle Aches and Pains – In order to solve this issue include 2 cups of Epsom salt in the bathtub water. Then soak in it for 12 minutes which will substantially soothe your muscle pains.
- Acne – This skin issue is solved thanks to the powerful antimicrobial properties of Epsom salt. It likewise cleanses the pores and exfoliates the skin.
- Constipation – Epsom Salt is a natural laxative, just add a teaspoon of Epsom salt into a glass of water. Thanks to the contained mineral water is drawn in the bowel thereby softening the stool by which the constipation is treated.
- Stress –Prepare yourself a nice bath with included two cups of Epsom salt and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Soak in it for 10 to 15 minutes, three times a week. This bath will relax you and solve all your stress issues.
- Splinter Removal –There are two ways to treat your splinter. The first one: soak a cotton fabric in a glass of cold water with 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt, and apply it onto the splinter. The second one: prepare a paste by adding a teaspoon of Epsom salt to a cup of hot water. Then let it cool off for 20 minutes, and then apply it on the splinter.
- Foot Care and Health –Prepare a bowl of warm water with half a cup of Epsom salt, then soak your feet in it and your pain will be relieved, your bad odor neutralized and the rough skin softened. You can also prepare a Magnesium Foot Scrub which will soften the rough skin on the feet and saturate it with magnesium. Make a mixture of 1 cup of Epsom salt combined with olive oil and lemon castle soap. Then rub the mix on the feet.
- Mild sunburn – If you suffer from this issue, all you have to do is to soak in a bath with Epsom salt and your mild sunburn will be gone.
- Bug bites and skin inflammation –Just prepare a mixture of half a glass of warm water with 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt. Let it cool off and then apply it on the afflicted area.
Beauty Benefits of Epsom Salt
- Hair Care – Epsom salt has the ability to get rid of all toxins from your hair and as well as cleanses the scalp. Just mix your regular hair conditioner in ratio 1:1 and apply it onto the scalp. Let it stay for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off.
- Face Wash – For clean face, include half a teaspoon of Epsom salt to your regular cleansing cream so that your pores are cleansed
Household Benefits of Epsom Salt
- Gardening – Due to the main ingredient contained in Epsom salt like magnesium and sulfur your plants and flowers will flourish. They will become greener with higher yields and more blooms. As a matter of fact it lowers the need for fertilizers and boosts their effects.
- Crafts – It is utilized in preparation of many crafts like snowballs, holiday jars, fall décor, greeting cards, and in so many things that you can create and imagine.