Among the many beneficial oils used in the world, castor oil takes crucial place thanks to the powerful antioxidant, medicinal, and curative properties.
Castor oil is derived from the Ricinus communis plant, and it has never been used as cooking oil. It is packed with proteins, minerals, and different types of nutrients. However, always use cold pressed, organic, extra virgin castor oil since that one will only offer its great benefits.
Great Health Benefits of Castor Oil
- Cleanses the body – in order to achieve this, blend couple of tablespoons of castor oil with some orange juice. Drink it, and the effects will start after 2 to 5 hours.
- Treats corns and Calluses – and as well as hydrate the skin of the heels. Perform the following treatment: soak your feet in some warm water for 10 minutes. After that, scrub them with pumice stone to remove the dry and thick skin.
When you have finished with scrubbing, wash them and wipe them with a towel. Now, soak a cotton ball in some castor oil and apply it over the corns or calluses. Cover it with gauze or bandage, and leave it like that for a few hours. You can repeat the treatment as much as it is needed until you obtain the wanted results.
- Relieves muscle pain – castor oil is a perfect solution if you want to soothe the pain in the muscles.
- Repairs split hair ends – you can achieve this by applying castor oil on the dry hair several times daily. In that way your hair will be well nourished thereby repairing the split ends.
- Alleviates sunburn – prepare a mixture of some castor and coconut oil, and then apply it over the affected areas. Thanks to the properties of this mixture your sunburns will be soothed, the skin hydrated, and the repairing properties of the skin will be stimulated.
- Nourishes Dry Skin – due to the content of the unsaturated fats which have the ability to deeply penetrate into the skin hence hydrating it. Therefore, apply a thick layer of castor oil onto the skin so that it is properly nourished thus supporting skin health.
- Treats fragile nails and fungus–by preparing a mixture of castor and olive oil which will enhance the health of the nails, and also effectively fight off fungus.
- Reduces Wrinkles – thanks to the high content of elastin and collagen your skin will be rejuvenated. Hence the wrinkles, scars and other skin issues reduced. Repeat this treatment every day for a period of time of 4 to 6 months.
- Improves Hair Quality–this remarkable oil has the ability to regulate the pH levels of the scalp, prevent hair breakage, repair split ends, and diminishes dandruff. Thanks to its use, your hair will become healthy, shiny, and silky. For that reason, apply castor oil onto the scalp, and all the way to the hair ends. Leave it like that overnight, and in the morning wash it off. Likewise, you can combine it with coconut or almond oil.
- Prevent Stretch Marks–in order to achieve this you need to prepare the following mixture: mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil and 2 tablespoons of almond oil. Use this mixture and apply it on the affected areas. Likewise, you can massage the areas with castor oil for 10 minutes each day, and wrap them with a plastic bag. Let it stay for 30 minutes. In this way you can prevent occurrence of stretch marks after and during the pregnancy period. Thanks to the unsaturated fats in castor oil, the skin can recover the tissues and improve its condition.
- Thickens Eyelashes and Eyebrows–you can achieve this by applying castor oil for two to three weeks thereby enhancing their growth.
- Repairs dry lips–by using a mixture of1 tablespoon of castor oil, few tablespoons of lemon juice, and some glycerin. Apply this mix on your lips and let it stay during the entire night. Likewise, you can combine castor and almond oil.
Castor Oil Can Induce Labor
This is another property of castor oil, having the function of a potent laxative agent leading to bowels’ contractions which stimulate uterine contractions. However, this would be an effective method provided that the body is ready for labor.