One of the most important organs in the body is the liver. Its primary function is removal of toxins and waste in our body. In the process of removal toxins the liver converts them into waste and removes them from the body through the urine.
There are more than 350 other functions that the liver is doing, some of those functions are: storing vitamins and minerals, processing nutrients, digestion of fats, breaking down drugs and alcohol etc. In order to avoid sluggish liver you should keep the level of nutrients high.
The liver detoxifies our body in two phases. The first phase is converting poisonous and damaging toxins into not-dangerous and not-harmful substances for the cells in order to be safely removed from the body.
The second phase is consistent of pairing the toxins with other molecules in order to become water-soluble so they can be removed from the body.
Our everyday life exposes us constantly to toxins from the environment, car pollution, air, plastic, industries etc. Even if you are having a healthy lifestyle such environment surroundings still cause harm to you and you cannot avoid it.
If your liver has become sluggish it means that the toxins have begun to accumulate in the liver and are stored as fat tissue. The only way to get rid of them is by returning the proper function of the liver. This storage of toxins might be the other reason why you cannot lose weight.
If your liver is stressed your body will give you warning sings so you should take some preventive measures in order to improve the function of the liver and prevent further damage.
Signs of sluggish liver:
- Sensitivity to chemicals
- Chronic fatigue
- Excessive perspiration
- Pain in the muscle or the joints
- Gaining weight
- Brain fog
- Problems with digestion of fats
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain, bloating, gas
- Bad mood and emotions
- Chronic bad breath
- Acne or other type of skin issues
- Depression and anxiety
- Imbalance of the hormones
These symptoms are serious sign that you will need to take drastic changes in your lifestyle and diet. You should begin with healthy habits and consume healthy and balanced meals.
You should also avoid processed foods and unhealthy diet, but rather you should start consuming healthy natural food.
Here are some great tips:
– GMO food should be avoided and you should only consume organic food
– Avoid refined sugars such as white and brown sugar, cane sugar, crystals and juice
-Stop consuming alcohol
– Consume enough water during the day
– Balanced diet with healthy fats, fermented foods, seeds, whole food, raw nuts and sprouted ancient grains
– Consume leafy vegetables
– Avoid consuming more than 25gr. of fructose in one day
– Avoid inflammatory oils such as soybean, vegetable oil, cotton seeds, sunflower, safflower and corn
– Use plant and animal based sources for intake of amino acids such as beets, cabbage, spinach, eggs and chicken
– Maximum intake of 30g of fiber per day such as broccoli, avocado, artichokes, chia seeds and golden flax seeds
– Use healthy healing fats such as coconut oil, red palm oil, and grass-fed butter
These three types of food will help you restore the function of your liver:
This is magical herb that protects your liver due to the active ingredients such as silymarin which is strong potent antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-fibrotic property. It will protect your liver from all the damages drugs, alcohol, viruses and toxins cause.
It contains active ingredient such as curcumin which offers you great health benefits and protects your liver. Also it helps you regenerate the damaged liver cells due to the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
It helps and improves the function of the liver, but also it stimulates the production of bile and reduces the level of cholesterol. Also it has high amount of anti-oxidant properties.