If we want to keep our health in good shape then we have to maintain our body alkalinity as acidity negatively impacts all our body organs like the intestines, skin, bones, brain, lungs, liver, kidneys, and heart.
When the body is in a state of acidosis, then it becomes an ideal environment for numerous ailments and diseases thus becoming a subject of chronic inflammation, which is the main cause for occurrence of many diseases.
The body is kept in a constant acidic state as a result of high consumption of processed foods and unhealthy diets, and because of that the vital minerals are eradicated from the body, so that they can neutralize and eliminate the acid. This is the leading cause of osteoporosis since all crucial minerals needed for the bones, like calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium, are removed from the body. Once they are entirely depleted, the body becomes even more acidic, and deadly diseases like cancer occur.
Which products are acidic?
Acidic foods are: dairy products, most meats, soy, grains, refined sugar, alcohol, coffee, highly processed foods, sugar substitutes and GMO oils (and GMO foods) which are extremely acidic.
So, when these foods enter our body, they are metabolized and the body generates acidic waste products, which have to be neutralized and eliminated. They can be eliminated if you consume high amounts of alkaline foods.
Here below are 20 symptoms of an excessively acidic body state:
- Aching muscles and joint pain
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Chronic Cough
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chest Pain
- Cardiovascular damage as a result of acidic plaques , elevated risk of heart attack and stroke
- Lack of immunity
- Lowered mental clarity
- Neurological conditions such as dementia, Alzheimer’s, and Parkinson’s disease
- Skin issues such as acne, rashes, eczema, and dermatitis of all types
- Sinus Issues
- Sensitive gums and cavities
- Stiff neck and sciatica
- Stomach issues including bloating, indigestion, acid reflux and excess gas
- Too much mucus/phlegm
- Weight gain/obesity
- Yeast infections and candida
All the body tissues and fluids are alkaline, with an exception of the stomach. So, when the body is excessively acidic, other tissues take alkalizing elements from other body areas and try to form some kind of optimal environment in the areas of the taken elements. Even though the body will try to fix the acidity by itself, it will lose its proper state and function. Therefore, we need to help our body to restore its alkalinity, by changing our regular diet and the lifestyle we lead.
We suggest you several ways how to reduce body acidity:
- Drink water as much as possible to help the body to successfully eliminate toxins and other harmful compounds.
- Lemon water is very beneficial in regulation of body’s pH levels.
- Try to consume more green foods since they are highly alkalizing. Eat them in salads, smoothies and green juices.
- Other alkaline-forming foods are also vegetables, fruits, seeds, nuts, legumes, and beans.
- Try to avoid acidic foods, and if this is not easy for you, lower their intake to once per week. Limit the consumption of coffee, soda, eggs, dairy, pastries, meat, fish, popcorn, soy, seafood, alcohol, sweeteners, white vinegar, and wheat products.
- By all means avoid GMO foods.
- Your emotional state of mind is also very important in regulating proper body pH balance as it can be substantially affected by your emotional state; therefore learn to manage stress, anger, fear, jealousy, and resentment. Find something that relaxes you, for example, yoga, meditation or swimming.
Our health is our responsibility; therefore we need to offer the best conditions for our body if we want to keep it safe and healthy. This will provide us with joy, energy and happiness every single day.