You need to practice regular physical activity is you want to prevent thrombosis. You will need to walk only 30 minutes per day in order to get sufficient benefits.
Vein thrombosis occurs as a result of obstruction of the circulation system. The vein or the artery is obstructed as a result of clotted cells which lead to formation of a thrombus.
Such condition leads to serious chronic inflammation on the wall of the blood vessels. This way the blood flow is obstructed and it triggers many other symptoms that are dangerous for your overall health. Also it leads to development of varicose veins.
The appearance of thrombosis is related to the obstructed and decreased blood flow which increases the density of the blood. This also results with lowering the quality of the veins and their walls.
One of the rarest cases is this clot to break off and enter your bloodstream which might be life threatening situation because it can get stuck in your brain, lungs or any other vital organ.
Also in many cases this problem might be related to genetic factors, it is still verified that big role plays the lifestyle, especially at old age. This is the main reason why you need to be aware of the causes and change the lifestyle habits in order to reduce the risks of developing thrombosis.
These are the top 5 things you can do to avoid developing this condition:
1. Physical activity – you need to develop healthy habits such as regular exercising in order to improve the cardiovascular system and the circulation system. You don’t need to do any extraordinary exercises, walking and swimming is enough to improve the blood circulation. You just need to devote at least 30 minutes of your time for such activity, and you will lower the chances of developing thrombus or varicose veins.
2. Stop smoking – this habit is extremely harmful for your respiratory system which can cause serious diseases of your vital organs. The toxic chemicals from the smoke of the cigarettes are accumulated in the bloodstream and this way it reduces the level of oxygen which makes your blood thicker. After some time it forms clots in your arteries which obstruct the normal blood flow and leads to thrombosis. You have to stop smoking in order to improve the blood circulation which is also important for the health of your heart.
3. Maintain a suitable weight – you need to keep your weight at optimum level and try to avoid becoming overweight because this way you are risking developing thrombosis. Once you become overweight you are putting greater pressure on your veins in the legs which they need to support. Also this condition is highly risky for your heart health and it might lead to serious diseases. Obesity is also dangerous for your health due to the increased triglycerides and cholesterol levels. These two lipids could obstruct your arteries. In order to maintain suitable weight you need to keep a balanced diet which is low in calories and do regular exercise.
4. Do not sit for long period of time – if for some reason you are siting for a long period of time, you should know that you are also increasing the risk of circulation problems. This is a problem because you are causing water retention in your legs which makes the blood flow difficult. You should do some stretching or exercising just to boost the circulation system in case you don’t have the time or opportunity to exercise regularly. Also you should avoid crossing your legs for long period of time because this way you are obstructing the blood flow in the legs.
5. Consume healthy diet – it really matters what you consume for your meals because nutrients are consumed through the food you eat. These nutrients are extremely important in the process of prevention of thrombus formation and varicose veins. You should consume food that is rich in vitamin C because it increases the production of collagen and elastin that are important for the elasticity of the walls of the arteries. Also try to consume food that is rich in vitamin K because it reduces the effect of the protein matrix GLA that is correlated to varicose and thrombosis veins.
Here is a list of recommended ingredients you should consume: orange, wheat germ, avocado, tangerine, almonds, grapefruit, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, mango etc.
Please take serious these recommendations because we are all exposed to these unwanted conditions!
Other sources included: