Aloe Vera is one of the most popular plant around the world thanks to the variety of different uses in cosmetics and as well as in health area. It can be also extracted as gel and used topically and internally as a smoothie beverage.
For people in Spain, Aloe Vera is the most common plant, therefore they use it so often and are familiar with the way how to use the most of it. Most of the people have it in their homes as homegrown plant so that they can have it fresh anytime they want. Moreover, this plant can be grown on the window or on the terrace since it can grow in almost every kind of weather conditions.
Here below are the ways how you can use Aloe Vera plant and gain all its benefits:
- Aloe Vera plant is comprised of all possible vitamins, especially B12, meaning that it can efficiently substitute your meat supplies.
- It is abundant with minerals, including iron, cooper, magnesium, calcium, manganese, zinc, potassium, chromium, and many other immunity enhancers which you can acquire with a single glass of Aloe Vera juice a day.
- Furthermore, it contains lots of antioxidant and anti-fungal properties, thereby making it an efficient treatment against mouth candidiasis.
- Aloe Vera aids in treating skin inflammations, allergies, and conditions such as psoriasis and eczema; further on, acne, insect bites, blisters, and so on.
- Patients with diabetes consider it extremely helpful for regulating their sugar levers.
- Aloe Vera relaxes you and alleviates heart burn.
- It supports teeth and gums health and care.
- It is very good for relieving flu and cold symptoms, and works good for other diseases as well.
- You can use it fresh, just take an Aloe Vera leaf and cut it in half, and then apply it directly on burns, cuts, wounds just after they have occurred.
- Likewise, you can apply it on sunburns, and ease your pain.
- It is an excellent natural moisturizer, therefore apply it on your skin in order to rejuvenate it and speed up cell growth.
As mentioned before, it can be used in both ways topically and internally. You can use it topically by cutting the leaves in half, and rubbing them gently on the affected areas.
The extracted gel is also amazing from which you can make super-healthy smoothie.
Method how to extract the valuable Aloe Vera gel in just few steps
Start with cutting both the sides and tip, but make sure that the upper cut is not larger than your finger so that you can prevent immediate flowing out of the gel.
Then, take a thin knife or a mandolin so that you can slowly and carefully remove the inner layer. However, do not worry if the first couple of times things do not go smoothly, in time you will become an expert and no drop of this precious gel will be wasted. For optimal results, cut the two initial centimeters in order for the mandolin to grip better instead of damaging the gel, believe us, the difference is substantial.
The following step is quite tricky; therefore you may consider replacing the mandolin with a thinner vegetable peeler. Using a regular spoon is an option, but try to avoid making a mess and leaving the best part of your Aloe Vera leaf behind. The ideal option is to cut the middle of the leaf with a mandolin, and then do the sides with a peeler or a knife.
After you have extracted the gel, do not throw away the remaining peels as your skin can gain great benefit from them. You can prepare your own fresh natural face mask.
After all performed steps you have gotten a thin layer of pure aloe gel which you can mix it into your smoothie. Likewise, it can be combined with all your favorite foods, or just simply add water to it. You can also make an extraordinary detoxification beverage consisted of lemon, honey and Aloe Vera gel.
Drink your smoothie fresh, or store it into your fridge as it can last up to one week. If you have not used this amazing plant up to now, it is a good time to start now and enjoy all its health benefits.
Other sources included: