Sodium bicarbonate or baking soda is incredible active ingredient that can be used in various methods and treatments.
However, the most important fact is that baking soda is very efficient in avoiding numerous illnesses, starting with an acute rhinitis to cancer. It is great for your health like oral health, and skin and hair care. Also it is a powerful natural cleaner.
This remarkable compound offers plenty of benefits for your health; therefore always have them at hand.
Health Advantages of Baking Soda
- Removes plaque.
- Improves hair and skin quality as it is consisted of antipruritic (anti-itching) features.
- Deals with impact and colds.
- Protects from kidney stones, bladder infections, and hyperkalemia.
- Lowers the risk of increased acidity level, diarrhea, peptic ulcer, metabolic acidosis, and drug intoxication.
This is only small part of what baking soda can offer; therefore we will introduce other benefits which are less known:
Baking soda is the best alternative for the occurrence of heartburn. Therefore, in a mug combine half a teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of natural apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice. This combination will fizzle, and after it finishes, add 1cup of water.
Simultaneously drink this solution. Thanks to its intake an alkaline environment will develop in the body thus minimizing heartburn and lowering the effects of the pH disorder.
Also you can mix half a teaspoon of baking soda and 2 cups of water. This solution can reduce heartburn and GERD signs.
Baking soda is a frequent folk treatment, and it is used in many other health problems like:
- In recovery of canker sores and herpes, for that reason mix baking soda and water, and apply it onto the affected area.
- Eliminate gunk and fungi from your nails, just apply some baking soda on your old tooth brush and scrub them.
- Refurbish your breath, add some baking soda to water and gargle.
- Relieves discomfort and itching as a result of insect bites, bee stings, itching from toxin ivy, oak.
Use a little basin and put in it 1 tablespoon of peppermint vital oil, 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of salt and warm water.
- Alleviate bad odor, discomfort, and itchiness, just by soaking your hands and feet in the above mention solution.
- Lighten your teeth, by putting baking soda on your tooth brush and brush your teeth.
- Exfoliate your skin, mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of water, apply it on your face and effectively eliminate dead skin cells and excess oil from it.
- Relieve muscle discomfort; just drink a mix of baking soda and water after a strenuous workout.
More Health Remedies
According to Dr. Simoncini, there is a strong connection between baking soda and cancer treatment which was later on clarified and confirmed by Dr. Mark Sircus in the book “Sodium Bicarbonate”. He claims that the mixture of baking soda and molasses can successfully prevent cancer, diabetes, and frequent fungal infections.
Sodium bicarbonate can be used in the treatment of UTI, just blend 1 cup of water and half a teaspoon of baking soda. Consume this mixture twice a day.
Remove oral thrush, by mixing baking soda and water, gargle this mix.
Treat the itching of Candida albicans yeast, just mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water.
Lower the signs of apoplexy by blending lemon juice or apple cider vinegar with baking soda.
- Avoid use of baking soda in its powder kind, and constantly dissolve it.
- Using baking soda can limit the results of some recommended medications; therefore consult your medical expert or doctor before applying some baking soda treatment.
- Baking soda treatments are not recommended for pregnant women, children under 5 or nursing mothers.
- Likewise, these natural remedies are not good when the diet plan is consisted of low salt, since it may drain all the needed minerals and vitamins from the body.
- You must not use these solutions for more than 2 weeks without a time out unless your doctor has not recommended it.
Other sources included: