Baking soda or otherwise known as sodium bicarbonate is an incredible ingredient with myriad of uses starting from cooking, cleaning, cosmetics to an efficient treatment to various illnesses.
When illnesses are concerned it can be extremely helpful starting from an acute rhinitis to cancer. It is great ingredient for individual health, oral health, and skin and hair care. Baking soda incorporates so many benefits, and because of that always have it in your home.
Health Benefits of Baking Soda
Baking soda is great in the case of heartburn, therefore prepare the following beverage:
- Take a large cup, and blend in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of natural apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice. This combination fizzles, because of that wait till it finishes, and then add 8oz water.
Drink this solution simultaneously, which will develop an alkaline environment in the body thanks to which it will minimize the heartburn and lower the effects of the pH imbalance.
In order to decrease GERD signs and heartburn, you can mix 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and 16 oz. water.
- Removes plaque
- Hair and Skin Care
Thanks to the presence of antipruritic properties, it boosts the hair and skin quality.
- Baking soda is a great prevention against the development of kidney stones, bladder infections, and hyperkalemia.
- Treats colds
- Decreases the risk of acidity, diarrhea, metabolic acidosis, peptic ulcer, and drug intoxication
- Accelerates the recovery of canker sores and herpes
- For this purpose, make a mixture of baking soda and water, and apply it directly on the impacted area.
- Eliminates gunk and fungi from your nails
- In order to achieve this you need to apply some baking soda on an old tooth brush and then use it to scrub them.
- Treats foul breath
- All you have to do is to include some baking soda to water and gargle.
- Relieves itching discomfort caused by insect bites, bee stings, oak, and toxin ivy.
- Prepare a mixture consisted of 1 tablespoon of peppermint vital oil, 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of salt and warm water. Place the resulting mixture in a little basin. Then soak your hands and feet in this solution and by doing so, the discomfort and itchiness will be gone. By using this solution you can alleviate bad odor, as well.
- Skin Exfoliation
– Prepare a mixture of 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of water, and use it to effectively remove dead skin cells and excess oil from the face.
- Relieves muscle discomfort
– For this purpose, drink a mix of baking soda and water after an exhausting workout.
- Treats UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
– Mix 1 cup of water and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and drink this mixture twice a day.
- Deals with Candida albicans yeast
– You can efficiently treat and eliminate the itching cause by Candida albicans yeast by mixing 1 tablespoon of baking soda and warm water.
- Gets rid of oral thrush – just mix water and baking soda and gargle.
- Minimizes the signs of apoplexy
– In order to achieve this blend in lemon juice or apple cider vinegar with baking soda.
- Cancer Treatment
According to Dr. Simoncini there is a close relation in between sodium bicarbonate and the treatment of cancer, which was furthermore clarified and verified by Dr. Mark Sircus in the book “Sodium Bicarbonate”. In his book, he maintains that the mixture of baking soda and molasses can effectively avoid cancer, diabetes, and frequent fungal infections.
- Baking soda treatments are not recommended for pregnant women, children under 5 and nursing moms.
- Prior using a baking soda treatment consult your doctor as it can restrain the results of some other recommended medications you may use.
- Do not take in baking soda in its powder form, prior use always dissolve it.
- If you are on a low salt diet plan, then these natural remedies are not good for the body because it may drain all the needed minerals and vitamins from the body.
- You must not utilize these solutions for more than 2 weeks without a break, unless your GP recommends otherwise.