Nuts are very beneficial for your body, but not many people know that cashews can be even more beneficial. Scientists have never paid enough attention to the use of these nuts as there are limited number of studies on their use and benefits. Cashews need hot and humid conditions, and because of that most of them are grown in Tanzania, Nigeria, Brazil and Mozambique.
They offer great health benefits, here are some of them:
- Cancer Prevention
Cashews are high in calories, namely, in 50 gr of cashew there is 275 calories. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, soluble fiber, and phytochemicals that can protect you from various diseases and even cancer.
- Cardiovascular Health
Thanks to the content of the palmitoleic and oleic acids in cashews they are excellent for the cardiovascular health. Cashews can reduce bad (LDL) cholesterol and regulate the good (HDL) cholesterol. The Mediterranean diet includes monounsaturated fats, which are highly beneficial for the overall health of the body. They prevent coronary disease and sudden stroke by regulating blood lipids, according to many conducted scientific studies.
- Great Source of Essential Nutrients
They are loaded with copper, zinc, potassium, magnesium, selenium, and iron. By consuming a healthy serving of cashews you will obtain the recommended amount of these minerals, and as well as prevent deficiency-related diseases. All you need is a handful of cashews a day.
- Selenium is the best micronutrient, being one of the co-elements of anti-cancer compounds such as Glutathione peroxides, which is the best cell reinforcement in the body.
- Zinc participates in compounds that control the advancement of processing, DNA union and gonadal capacity.
- Copper is a co-variable for vital catalysts like cytochrome c-oxidase and superoxide dismutase.
- Cashews have in their content riboflavin, pyridoxine (vitamin B6), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), and thiamin (vitamin B11). In one 100 gr serving of cashews there is 30 percent of the recommended daily intake of B6 (0.147mg).
- Vitamin B6 lowers the risk of homocystinuria and sideroblastic anemia.
- Niacin prevents dermatitis and pellagra. Any of these vitamins is vital for the metabolism of fat, protein and carbs.
- They possess small amounts of the antioxidant zeaxanthin, which is assimilated in the retinal macula. It protects against harmful UV rays and age-related macular degeneration in the older generation.
Depression has become common mental issue nowadays, instead of using those harmful prescribed medications; you can use cashews since they are believed to be the best alternative remedy for depression.
Cashew Nutrition – The Best Natural Treatment for Depression
Cashews are packed with tryptophan, which is an essential amino acid. In two handfuls of cashews there is around 1,500mg of tryptophan, which is the same amount contained in prescribed antidepressants. Amino acids promote good sleep, stimulate healthy development in children, and treat anxiety, nervousness, and depression.
Conventional antidepressants are packed with chemicals which trigger many side effects, on the other hand cashew therapies do not possess any adverse effects, and however this is not in the interest of Big Pharma as this will not bring profit to them.
Be Aware of Cashew Nut Allergy
They can cause allergic reactions in persons at any age. The occurrence of cashew nut allergy is pretty common, just like the allergies caused by walnuts, almonds and other nuts. Even a couple of cashews can trigger severe signs of allergy, same as the peanuts.
Other sources included:
Healthy Food House