According to the latest scientific researches, a single food can enhance your health, lower the risk of a heart disease, and even more reverse existing heart problems.
The journal Atherosclerosis released the results of this research where researchers state that pomegranate extract can prevent and reverse heart issues which incorporates thickening of the coronary arteries commonly caused by fatty deposits.
This is what researchers say regarding the power of pomegranate:
Lowers accumulated plaque in arteries,
Prevents cardiac enlargement,
Prevents ECG abnormalities,
Prevents oxidative stress,
Inhibits chemokine which is a chemical messenger linked to the inflammation in the arteries,
Lowers the buildup of lipids in the heart muscle.
However, there are also other conducted studies regarding this theory. Namely, Clinical Nutrition, in 2004, showed the results of a clinical trial lasting for 3 years where it was proven the link between pomegranate juice and reversed carotid artery stenosis. If pomegranate juice is regularly consumed it will reverses carotid artery stenosis by amazing 29% within one year.
Used statins that reduce cholesterol levels can harm your health, and pomegranate juice is the best potent natural alternative. Therefore, by consuming fresh pomegranate juice you can unclog your arteries, and prevent further development of heart disease.
Here below are the advantages of consuming pomegranate juice:
1. Antifungal and antibacterial power– due to the contained nutrients in pomegranates which are able to successfully fight against bad bacteria. According to experts pomegranates can help in treating numerous bacterial and fungal infections.
2. Anti-inflammatory potential – pomegranates can decrease inflammation, and are also great prevention against cancer, heart disease, obesity, type 2 diabetes, and Alzheimer’s.
3. Hypertension – they have the ability to lower high blood pressure. According to a recent study, 3/4 cup of pomegranate juice a day can reduce blood pressure in two weeks. Likewise, it lowers the risk of stroke and heart attack.
4. Pomegranates are rich in essential nutrients – 1 cup of pomegranate seeds contains 144 calories, 7 gr. of fiber, 3 gr. of protein, vitamins K and C, potassium, and folate. Furthermore, they provide great antioxidant power which prevents damage caused by free radicals.
5. Pomegranates provide two powerful plant compounds– Punicalagins are found in the juice and as well as in the peel of the pomegranate. Punicic acid is contained in pomegranate seeds. Thanks to both of these compounds the pomegranates have incredible super-power.
Check the video below, and prepare yourself fresh pomegranate juice.