Most people consider knee and joint pain in general, as a sign of weakness and aging, which sometimes pushes them to silence their suffering. In fact, joint pain can affect women as well as men and at any age. They can be caused by various factors which, if not treated in time, can lead to irreversible damage to the joint. Discover how to treat your joint pain, in just a few days, with this natural drink!
Common causes of joint pain
Joint pain, whether localized in the knee or at any other joint, may be due to a variety of factors, including:
- A deficiency of vitamins and minerals: such as calcium, iron and vitamin D, which weakens the bones and reduces their density
- An intense physical activity: which risks to wear off the cartilage and causes a friction of the bones forming the joint
- A trauma: a fall, a sprain, an injury…
- Diseases: such as osteoarthritis, inflammatory arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis
How to prevent joint pain?
To preserve the health of your joints, maintain their flexibility or calm their pain, it is important to follow the following steps:
- Adopt a healthy and balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy bones and proper functioning of different muscles and tissues
- Practice regular but moderate physical activity to avoid stiffness. At home or in your office, make sure to do a few movements regularly to restore blood circulation and preserve the lubrication of your joint
- If you are overweight or obese, try to lose a few pounds in order to regain a healthy weight, which will ease the load on your joints and reduce the risk of inflammation
- Strengthen your muscles, especially at the back and abdomen, to restore better posture and support the joints.
- If, however, your joints are inflamed or painful, here is a natural remedy that will reduce inflammation and relieve pain in just a few days.
Tasty smoothie to relieve joint pain:
To prepare this pain-killing and anti-inflammatory drink, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh pineapple pieces
- 1 glass of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon of organic honey
- ¼ cup raw almonds
In a saucepan, pour the water and oatmeal and cook for a few minutes. Once ready, remove from heat and let cool.
In a blender, pour the orange juice, oatmeal, pineapple, almonds and honey, then mix thoroughly. You can add water if you find that your smoothie is too thick.
It is advisable to drink this smoothie daily, to reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and regain your freedom of movement after only a few days.
Benefits of this smoothie
Thanks to the powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and alkalinizing virtues of its ingredients, as well as its high content of bromelain, vitamins (B6 and C) and minerals, this smoothie is extremely beneficial for your joints. It protects them from age-related degeneration, lowers the acidity level that promotes inflammatory conditions and the onset of joint disease, and reduces inflammation and edema. It also has a powerful analgesic effect that helps relieve pain quickly and effectively.
In addition, vitamin C in orange juice stimulates the production of collagen, a protein that plays a very important role in preserving the elasticity and renewal of the body’s various tissues, including tendons and ligaments that support the joints. It also helps to reduce pain, even in case of fracture. According to a study published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, consumption of 500 mg of vitamin C per day significantly reduced wrist pain after a fracture.
Excessive consumption of cinnamon can cause tachycardia and an increase in blood pressure. It is contraindicated for pregnant women and young children.