If you are one of those people who spend whole nights to twist under the sheets, and try different positions to fall asleep, read this article, it will revolutionize your nights and will change your life.
Having insomnia from time to time is a normal thing. Don’t be surprised if, exceptionally, one night, you can’t quickly fall asleep. But if insomnia is becoming more frequent, it is at this point that you really need to worry, look for what is the cause and act quickly to remedy this condition, because yes, chronic insomnia is a real disease.
Types of insomnia
You must first know that there are two types of insomnia:
- Transient insomnia: the difficulty falling asleep or sleep disruption that lasts several hours overnight. It can be due to a period of life when the individual is under stress on the personal or professional aspect. This type of insomnia can last from days to weeks.
- Chronic insomnia: This type of insomnia is a lot more difficult to cure because it can take several months, namely, the individual does not sleep for 3 nights out of 7.
Causes of insomnia
The causes of insomnia are many:
- Brightness, ambient noise, the atmosphere in general
- Stress, anxiety, problems (psychological factor is responsible for 50% of insomnia)
- Some diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, gastroesophageal reflux
- Difficulty breathing
- Poor sleep hygiene
- Certain medical treatments such as stimulants and decongestants
- Consumption of caffeine and alcohol
Insomnia can cause, in the long run, many health problems because lack of sleep increases the risk of stroke, high blood pressure and heart problems.
A 2012study by the Institute for Public Health, shows that the Americans are sleeping very little and suffer from sleep disorders. 27 500 people were interviewed, 16% said they suffer from chronic insomnia.
How to fall asleep quickly and naturally?
This natural recipe will change your life. Short and restless nights can become long, peaceful and relaxing nights. You will not need to take sleeping pills or spend long hours in front of the TV waiting for sleep to come. When you consume this remedy, you will fall asleep easily and you will wake up fresh and well rested.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of pure honey
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
How to prepare and use this mixture?
Mix the honey and coconut oil in a bowl and add the sea salt. Stir well. Eat a tablespoon of this mixture and drink a glass of water.
Take coconut oil and pure honey separately, and drink a glass of water. Then, in another glass of water, dilute the sea salt and drink.
If you wake up in the middle of the night, take this mixture and you will fall asleep again in less than an hour.
Why is this mixture effective?
Coconut oil is rich in healthy fats that provide your body with all the energy it needs during the night (because, yes, even at night, our body makes functions). It will prevent you from waking up because of hunger and also will make avoid the increased sugar levels in the blood that is often the cause of sleep disorders.
Honey offers a better quality of sleep. It provides a significant amount of glycogen in the brain and liver. Because when glycogen lack, stress hormones like adrenalin are released by the adrenal glands and cause sleep disorders.
Sea salt has the ability to reduce the level of stress hormones. It stimulates the production of energy the body needs during sleep. The sodium in salt has a role to reduce the secretion of adrenaline and cortisol, responsible for insomnia. This salt helps the body to relax and prepare for a long night’s sleep.