People that have been looking for natural homemade remedies for treatment of different ailments, or if you have asked your grandmother for traditional recipe, it is for sure that baking soda was part of that recipe. Baking soda contains numerous health benefits and due to its properties it is widely used in different recipes.
In this article we are going to present to you 10 powerful uses of baking soda around the house:
- Preparing bath soak – you will need to put baking soda in your bathtub in order to detoxify your skin. This way you will manage to alkalize the skin and remove all toxins. You should add 5 tablespoons of baking soda in your bath and your body and skin will be detoxified.
- Antacid for heartburn – in case you consume spicy food or if you eat too quickly you might end up with digestive problems. Due to these reasons you should mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in 250ml of water and drink this mixture in order to relieve heartburn.
- Fruits and veggies – people that buy food from organic store also have to clean their food before they consume it. You should wash your food with baking soda by scrubbing them with this ingredient and your fruit or veggie will be free of toxins.
- Cleaning baby’s clothes – different detergents for cloth wash contain chemicals, heavy metals, and toxins that are very harmful for your health. Also using products that are supposed to remove odor or stains could be very dangerous for your children and babies. Instead you should prepare natural detergent by simply mixing one tablespoon of baking soda and one cup of water. Add this mixture in your machine instead of your regular detergent.
- Toothpaste –using toothpaste could be bad for your teeth bones. Instead you should use mixture of one teaspoon of baking soda and one cup of water. Use this mixture as your natural toothpaste.
- Deodorize your shoes – air fresheners are not as effective against bad odor of your shoes. Instead you should use baking soda in order to get rid of bad odor. You should sprinkle a little bit of baking soda in your shoes in order to eliminate the smell.
- Body deodorant – there are many people that cannot use regular body deodorants due to the chemicals present in these products. These products also cause clogging of your pores which might lead to developing cancer and other health issues. Instead you should use baking soda by rubbing the armpit.
- Bug bites – you could use baking soda in order to treat bug bites and mosquitos. You will need to apply baking soda on the area where the bite took place.
- Garden plants – we all know that pesticides are extremely harmful for our health, as well as for the plants. You should use baking soda which is completely safe. Prepare a mixture of 4 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 gallon of water. Mix them well and spray your plants in order to remove any harmful organisms on the plant.
- Baking soda tonic and apple cider vinegar – 100% organic apple cider vinegar is great for boosting your immune system, but also it helps you regulate the probiotic levels in your gut. You will need to ix 1 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoons of ACV in 1 gallon of water. Now your mixture is ready for use.
Lemon juice and baking soda tonic
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon – ½
- Water – 8 ounces
You will need to mix all ingredients well. Drink this mixture right after you wake up in the morning on empty stomach.