If your body has high levels of purines, then uric acid starts to buildup in the joints, which will lead to development of uric acid crystals that promote arthritis development, or otherwise known as gout. Gout is usually manifested on the ankles, elbows, knees, and shoulders.
Most commonly it affects elderly people causing severe pain, tightness, swelling, and redness in the hands and also occurrence of big toes.
However, there are effective natural treatments that can aid in treating these symptoms and also in healing gout completely.
These are the most common causes of gout:
- Alcohol Consumption
How does gout develop?
It develops due to improper diet and because of that uric acid and crystals appear. If you consume excessive amounts of protein from red meat or other similar foods the body is forced to process them, but as they are in excessive amount they stay in the body and are stored in particular areas. The body usually eliminates them through sweat and urine.
Therefore, you need to focus on foods with high content of water in them like watermelons, strawberries, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, and so on. Water is extremely important, and because of that, consume plenty of it so that you keep your body hydrated. There are natural solutions which are very helpful in lowering uric acid levels in the joints and blood:
- Cranberries – Bring to a boil 4 cups of water with 1 ounce of cranberries for 5 minutes. Strain the solution and consume it 3 times a day.
- Corn cob – Boil an ear of corn cob with little water for around 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and drink it 3 times per day.
- Elderflowers – Boil 2 cups of water and add 2 tablespoons of elderflowers in it and cover it. Let it stay for 10 minutes, and then strain it. Leave it to cool off and include honey to offer some sweet taste to it. Consume the solution every day.
- Mango, Carrots, Strawberries and Pineapple – Put 1 mango, 4 carrots, 1oz. of strawberries, and 1 piece of pineapple in a juicer, and then mix them well. Consume the mixture in the morning, prior to your breakfast on an empty stomach, and in the evening if you experience worse signs.
- Onion, Cabbage, Lemon and Parsley Sprigs – First boil a pint of water and include half an onion, 2 ounces of cabbage, and 3 parsley sprigs. Boil them for about 15 minutes, and then remove them from heat. Strain the mixture and let it cool off. After that, include juice of 1 lemon, and drink this juice just before you have your lunch.
- Onion and Honey – Boil half an onion with 4 cups of water for 5 minutes. After that strain it. Include some honey in it and drink it 3 times a day.
- Ripe tomato – squeeze the juice out of it and drink it 3 times a day.
- Rosemary and Soybean Oil – Just combine 3 tablespoons of soybean oil and 3 tablespoons of rosemary oil. Massage the afflicted areas with this mixture.
Here below, there is another natural recipe for treating gout.
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 piece of lemon
- 1 tsp. of ginger root (grated)
First slice the celery and the cucumber, then place them in a mixer and mix them with all other ingredients. Mix until you get homogenous mixture. Use: For best outcomes, drink it on an empty stomach in the morning once to three times a day.
NOTE: You have to incorporate a healthy diet and regularly work out so that you can successfully treat the symptoms of gout.
Other sources included: