Brown spots are considered to be unpleasant in physical appearance and most commonly appear on the face, hands, shoulders and cleavage. These color pigmented spots occur in all women no matter of their age and tone and they can vary in shades of brown, sometimes darker and sometimes lighter. Nevertheless, most women consider them unsightly and they will use any available product to efficiently remove them. Most of the people name them as age spots, but the fact is that only 13% of them occur due to age and outstanding 63% of them appear as a result of the negative sun effect.
Furthermore, to their appearance contribute hormonal variations, pigmentation disorders, pregnancy, and also long sun exposure. These localized pigments can appear as spots and stains, but you need to know the difference between both of them.
Brown spots occur due to improper function of the melanocyte cells thereby resulting in a melanin overproduction and as a result of the UV exposure the formation of solar lentigo is being triggered, which is wrongly referred as “age spots”. There is a solid prevention of this occurrence and that is the application of sun protective cream with SPF especially when exposed on the sun.
The brown spots – chloasma appearing during pregnancy due to hormonal influence are more stimulated by the influence of the UV rays. In this case, the use of depigmenting care will be effective only if it is enhanced by SPF protection.
Natural Solutions for Brown Spots Removal
As before mentioned many ladies turn to cosmetic products or aesthetic medicine to eliminate the dark spots from their skin. However, it is always best to opt for the natural solutions as they are as effective as the other available products on the market, and addition to this one hundred percent safe for use.
- Aloe Vera – has been proven to be highly beneficial for the treatment of skin issues due to the content of Vitamins E, A and C and enzymes that speed up cell regeneration. Its use will keep proper hydration and elasticity of the skin, decrease the appearance of wrinkles, prevent the formation of stretch marks aside the fact that it will efficiently lighten brown spots.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) – decreases the appearance of melasma by balancing skin pH and removing the toxins from the skin. This vinegar contains acetic acid which whitens melanin pigments meanwhile making your skin smooth and radiant. The first results of using apple cider vinegar are almost instantly visible.
- Potato – is a simple ingredient but so powerful in boosting the health of your skin, hair and nails. Once taken with vitamins and minerals, the potato shows anti-inflammatory and softening features. Its use will assist you in soothing the puffiness of dark circles due to the anti-inflammatory action of the starch. Likewise, it is a great facial scrub, and it can be used as paste or cut into thinly sliced slices which can be applied on old acne scars in order to diminish them and as well as to lower the appearance of blackheads.
Furthermore, the cooked water of the potato is a remarkable anti-wrinkle product. Plus your hands, hair, and nails will highly benefit from the powerful properties of this vegetable.
- Turmeric – is a well-known plant which is turned into yellow-colored spice used for many purposes due to its powerful properties. One of its use is in the preparation of a body and face mixture, which the “haldi” – Hindu brides have frequently used the day before their wedding night in order to enhance their skin beauty thus appearing more fresh and radiant. For that reason, the people from India have been implementing this remarkable plant into their cosmetic products. This amazing herbaceous plant has the ability to efficiently clear the skin thereby providing it with natural radiance due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Oats –have been proven to be highly helpful in minimizing the brown spots and as well as in dissolving the dead cells from the skin hence making it significantly glowing and fresh. You can use them in a form of exfoliating paste and apply it onto your skin. This paste is very efficient against chloasma, which appears during pregnancy.