Prior applying this walking technique, we advise you to seek for an advice from your physician if you are sufficiently healthy to perform it regularly on daily basis.
Most of you are familiar with the fact that while walking the human body burns calories; however the amount of calories we burn depends on two factors:
- Walking area
- Body Weight Index
If you walk with an average speed of 4 miles per hour, then your body will burn 400 calories.
The number of steps needed for burning calories:
- 1 mile = 2,000 steps = 100 calories burned
- 1 pound – 3,5000 calories
So, for melting 1 pound of weight weekly, you will need to burn 500 calories per day, or in simple words, walk 5 miles each day. It is worth trying, and you can follow these helpful tips to better adjust to a walking routine:
- Walk to your workplace or home
- Do not park your car right in front of the place you need to be
- Walk to the station and do not take a bus or taxi
- Climb up the stairs, and do not use the elevator
- Walk your children to school
What is the best time-frame for walking?
In the beginning of the walking routine, in the first three days, start with 15 to 20 minutes of walk. Gradually increase up to 30-60 minutes of walking per day.
It has been proven by scientists that walking routine is the simplest and as well as the best way of losing weight without implementing rigorous diets and exercise regimes.
Other sources included: