Consuming green beans will offer lower risk of having heart disease and colon cancer, and also regulation of blood sugar levels when diabetes is concerned. They boost the immune system and help in the decrease of the harmful free radicals cells in the body.
Green beans have high nutritional value which attributes to the health of the eyes, bones and the digestive system. Additionally, they lower the risk of birth defects which is great for pregnant women. They are also low in calories, but high in vitamins and minerals, so they are the ideal diet for the persons who want to maintain their weight and lose those unwanted pounds.
This vegetable is packed with fiber and supplies your body with your daily protein needs. Furthermore, it is a great source of vitamins like A, B6, C, K and folic acid, and as well as in minerals such as iron, calcium, potassium, copper, silicon, and manganese.
Health Advantages of Consuming Green Beans
- Reduces blood pressure.
- This vegetable protects the health of the heart thanks to the content of antioxidants which aid in preventing the cholesterol from turning into oxidized one. This oxidized cholesterol can stick and buildup in the wall of blood vessels which can lead to clogged arteries, heart attack and stroke.
- Protects the bones by preventing their weakening.
- If you suffer from acidic body, then this vegetable is the right choice for you as it is an alkaline vegetable.
- Prevents the damage of DNA.
- Thanks to the content of fiber it supports the health of the colon as a result of its ability to bind to cancer-causing toxins, which later on eliminates them from the body before they cause any damage to the colon cells.
- This vegetable contains potent anti-inflammatory effects; therefore it is a great choice for diseases like asthma and arthritis.
- Great energy food.
- The right choice if you are on a diet due to the content of few calories.
- The consumption of green beans can help lactating women as it elevates the nutrients in breast milk.
- People who lack iron and women with menstruation issues will find this vegetable highly valuable.