Stinging nettle is a seasonal blooming plant with heart-shaped leaves producing yellow or pink flowers incorporating powerful medicinal properties. It is of great assistance in the fight against inflammation, in managing diabetes and preventing prostate cancer.
The Health Advantages of Using Stinging Nettle
This is an ancient plant which has been used for ages due to its healing properties. Stinging nettle grows all around the world, but most productively in nitrogen-rich soil. Even though it can be found everywhere, its origins are from the chillier areas of Europe and Asia. Most of the stinging nettle products are made from the stem and leaves; however the roots also show powerful medicinal features. The roots can provide relief for urinary conditions and enlarged prostate too. On the other hand, the stem and leaves are great for allergy relief and other breathing-related issues.
The stinging nettle contains anti-inflammatory properties which can substantially help in the treatment of various health issues. According to numerous studies the stinging nettle displays antimicrobial, antioxidant, astringent, analgesic, and anti-ulcer abilities.
Experts state that this herb in the past has been frequently used as a diuretic and in the treatment of anemia, eczema, arthritis, gout and for painful muscles and joints. Nowadays, it is commonly used in the treatment of urinary concerns and as well as for allergies and joint pain.
Here below please find the amazing health benefits of this plant:
- Kidney and urinary infections— thanks to the use of this plant these infections will be efficiently treated. As mentioned before the stinging nettle is a potent diuretic plant, which can eliminate the excess fluids through urine. In this way every harmful bacterium can be removed from the urinary tract. This plant can be also used as a prevention of kidney stones.
- Aids in the control and treatment of circulatory problems— according to experts this ability results from anti-arteriosclerotic homes.
- Diabetes— it is very helpful in controlling this disease. It has the ability to lower and balance the blood glucose levels. All you have to do is to prepare a nettle infusion and consume it 3 times a day.
- Prevents prostate cancer— as per a newly performed study this effective plant can help you in the prevention against prostate cancer. For that purpose you will need to take 120 milligrams of nettle root or simply take it in a form of pill twice a day.
- 5. Perfect skin— this plant offers you perfect skin complexion and great skin health due to the content of anti-bacterial, astringent, nourishing, promoting and purifying properties. So, in order to obtain the perfect skin that you have always wanted, prepare a tea of this plant or you can also make a tincture and then take 30 drops of it 3 times a day. It is an ideal treatment for people with acne and marks caused by herpes.
- Perfect hair— due to its strong properties it can remove dandruff, strengthen your hair and repair the hair follicles. Above all it is a great help in reducing the hair loss process.
If you have found this article very helpful, share it with your friends and family!