The consumption of sugar is highly addictive, which was even proven by scientists labeling as the”Sugar Addiction”. This addiction displays the same effects on the brain like all addictive drugs.
Like any addiction and the sugar one is very difficult to break, particularly in the cases where the body and digestive tract is overwhelmed with candida, yeast, parasites, and sugar-loving bacteria. You can stop this habit and all the cravings by undergoing a real detox process. In this case peppermint essential oil has shown to be an excellent choice, which was already proven by many conducted studies. Moreover, it is a natural method that is extremely efficient against the sugar addiction.
The academic Alan Hirsch MD conducted a study on this matter and came to the following conclusion that by directly inhaling peppermint the satiety center is affected, and also the ventromedial nucleus of the hypothalamus, which is accountable for stimulating a sensation of fullness after a consumed meal.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint originates from the Middle East and Europa, but today is widely grown all over the word. It is a hybrid mint, coming from watermint and spearmint. The oil derived from this plant is one of the most popular essential oils due to its incredible properties. Namely, it offers numerous therapeutic benefits such as alleviating indigestion and easing the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Likewise, it has the ability to reduce tuberculosis-induced inflammation, clear up phlegm, prevent asthma, soothe herpes infections, manage stress, and treat nervous disorders.
Preparation of Peppermint Oil
- Fresh peppermint leaves
- Carrier oil, the best option would be olive oil
- A glass jar with a tight lid
Fresh peppermint leaves are available in every health food stores or supermarkets, and once you purchase them, wash them nicely and then crush them or chop them. Next, place them in a jar along with the carrier oil. Cover the jar with a tight lid and let it stay for 24 hours. After that, strain the oil, add more of the ingredients, and seal the jar again. Repeat this procedure for 5 days, then remove the leaves, and transfer the oil into another container. Store the oil in a cool place.
Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Supports proper respiratory function
- Promotes digestive health
- Decreases bloating and gas
- Alleviates stomach upset – take a few drops in a Veggie Capsule
- Boosts energy and eases fatigue – achieve this by diffusing with peppermint essential oil
- Enhances energy – simply rub it on your temples in the morning
- Fresh breath – just put a drop in your mouth
- Used in oral health products
- Refreshing feeling – add a few drops to your smoothie and get that refreshing twist.