Aloe Vera is a plant with many attributes such as “wonder plant”, “lily of the desert”, or “burn plant”. Plenty prominent figures in the world history like Cleopatra used this amazing plant due to its potent healing properties. It is believed that it originates from Sudan.
This miraculous plant is abundant with 75 active compounds, and every natural-occurring amino acids, vitamins, and minerals are highly required for the optimal health of the body. Let us specify, it contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, and E, and minerals, including potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron, calcium, and copper.
It is widely known for its soothing properties, and because of that it is mainly utilized as a topical ointment for various skin abrasions, burns, sun damage, and skin conditions manifested by redness and swelling.
Nowadays, Aloe Vera is a multipurpose plant incorporating various properties and offering deeper healing. Aside its topical use, it can be taken orally as well thus increasing the body alkalization, supporting normal stomach lining, promoting memory and learning, alleviating constipation, and so on.
Uses and Properties of Aloe Vera
- Fights the Flu and Colds – thanks to the vigorous nutritional profile of Aloe Vera and the abundance of various vitamins, minerals, and amino acids which when combined together boost the immune system and hence successfully protect against flu and colds.
- Treats Eczema, Herpes, Psoriasis, Dermatitis and other Skin Allergies – due to the great ability of Aloe Vera to enter deeply into the skin layers it aids in the treatment of the following conditions dermatitis, herpes, psoriasis, and other skin allergies.
- Swollen Gums – Aloe Vera contains excellent soothing properties which help with swollen gums and at the same time attributes to the body`s defense mechanisms. Just apply it onto the affected area and soothe your swollen gums.
- Soothes Menstrual Cramps – As mentioned before Aloe Vera juices can be used orally which will assist you in soothing menstrual cramps, decrease fatigue, and relieve pain.
- Increase Hair Growth –This remarkable juice contains an enzyme known for its ability to stimulate hair growth.
- Treats Acne – Among the many properties the ability to lower inflammation is one of them, and because of that it is highly effective in treating acne.
- Prevents and Eliminates Stretch Marks – thanks to the regenerative properties of Aloe Vera stretch marks can be prevented and eliminated.
- 8. Heals Sunburns – Aloe Vera contains remarkable antiseptic properties therefore it makes it a highly effective tool in healing sunburns.
- Strengthens your Nails – You can strengthen your nails and heal damaged beds and cuticles by using Aloe Vera. All you have to do is to soak the nails in Aloe Vera Juice or just massage them with Aloe Vera Gel.
- Hair Conditioner – It is an excellent natural hair conditioner, all you have to do is to massage a small amount of Aloe Vera gel on the hair and leave it to act around two minutes before washing it off.
- Shampoo-Enhancer – Only including a small amount of Aloe Vera into your shampoo, it will make your hair shinier and healthier.
- Great Makeup Removal – Aloe Vera provides great cooling properties that calm the skin aside its efficient removal of makeup.
- Skin-Moisturizer – Aloe Vera supplies the cells with oxygen and in that way strengthens the skin tissue and moisturizes its texture.
- Personal Lubricant – having the ability to effectively moisturize the skin.
- Shaving gel – It is a great shaving gel as it contains powerful anti-inflammatory and soothing properties, it offers a smooth surface, without the common irritation and redness.
Other sources included: