Antibiotics were the discovery of the millennium, but nowadays they are so frequently misused that it is even disturbing. They are used for any ailment from a simple bruise to surgeries. Antibiotics are so easily swollen even in the cases of common colds and minor bumps and bruises; however this is so wrong as excessive use of antibiotics and using the wrong antibiotic can lead to antibiotic resistance.
What is even worse is the fact that doctors often prescribe antibiotics for minor ailments which can be easily treated without the use of antibiotics. The most commonly prescribed antibiotics are penicillin, amoxicillin, cephalexin and azithromycin.
It is true that the need of using antibiotics for some ailments is a must, but there are always some natural solutions which are as effective as the prescribed drugs, therefore first try some of these remedies before you turn to the artificial ones.
One of those remedies is oregano oil which is natural and safe for use as it has no side effects. So, always keep at hand a bottle of oregano oil as you will never know when you will need it.
Oregano is a highly beneficial plant which offers many benefits, and in the process of making oregano oil both its flowers and leaves are used.
Oregano oil is a potent antimicrobial agent that it is a significant help in the treatment of various infections due to its strong antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Oregano oil is an aromatic plant with the highest concentration of phenols which show great antioxidant power. On the other hand, the content of thymol and carvacrol provide oregano oil with its healing power.
The present phenols in oregano oil kill the pathogens by getting into the cell membranes of microbes. In this way your immunity will be enhanced, the damage of free radicals annulated, and the tissues healed.
Oregano oil in the Treatment of Infections
The main reason for many diseases is the microorganisms, but the oregano oil successfully eliminates them. It destroys harmful microbes, and at the same time prevents and treats infections such as:
- MRSA infection (Methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus)
- Food poisoning like listeria, campylobacter, shigella, salmonella, botulism, norovirus.
- Lung infections such as haemophilus, staphylococcus, streptococcus, mycobacterium.
- Parasitic infections like flatworms, tapeworms, ringworms, and giardisis.
- Yeast infections such as Candida albicans, Bacterial vaginosis.
- Urinary tract infections includingchlamydia, E.coli, proteus, mycoplasma.
Various Uses of Oregano Oil
- For sore throat relief add 2 to3 drops of the oil in a glass of water.
- In order to alleviate nasal congestion, and treat lung infections add a couple of drops in your diffuser or vaporizer.
- For great boost of immunity add 3 to 4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water. Consume this solution 2-3 times a day, prior your meals.
- For back ache, sore muscles and acne mix equal parts of oregano oil and olive oil and apply it on the affected areas.
- Cold sores, nail fungus, shingles or psoriasis and acne can be treated by preparing the following solution: just stir1 to 2 drops of oregano oil into a capful of coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel. Then, use this mixture on the affected area; however you need to be cautious as oregano oil is never used on sensitive skin since it may cause a severe burning sensation. Use a cotton pad when applying in order to prevent the spreading of bacteria.
- Oregano oil is great addition to your toothpaste. Only a drop of oregano oil in it will kill the bacteria that cause bad breath.
Detox Your Body by Using Oregano Oil
For this purpose, you need to add 3 to 4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water. Consume this solution 2 to 3 times a day. Yet, there are people who cannot stand the taste of it, and if you belong to this group of people use less oil.
The other way would be to take in the 3 or 4 drops of oregano oil and then drink the water. It is a great way to avoid the burning sensation.
In order to kill parasites and treat infections drink the aromatic liquid for 2 weeks. Then, make a break for a week, and begin once again. However, always have in mind the fact that oregano oil is extremely strong, and because of that you are not supposed to use it for a long period of time.
This detox can do wonders for your body particularly if you are suffering from stubborn candida infections even though you are not consuming sugar and processed foods.
Oregano oil is a natural antibiotic with almost no adverse effects. It leaves the good bacteria intact, and enhances the intestinal micro flora.
Oregano oil is very strong, and because of that you need to use it diluted. NEVER use it on open wound and damaged skin. Once you decide to use it dilute it in water or carrier oils like avocado, olive, coconut, and jojoba oil.
When oregano oil is used in therapeutic purposes, in some cases can trigger a reaction known as “Herxheimer.”This happens due to the fact when pathogens are killed they release toxins thus leading to a temporary overload of toxins in the blood. It is commonly accompanied with headache, tiredness, and even nausea. So, if you are experiencing these symptoms, stop the use of this oil and start drinking water to eliminate all these symptoms.
Pregnant women, nursing moms, children, patients with hypertension or heart disease, and other patients that are on medications or receive some specific therapies should avoid the use of this oil or should be extra careful when using.
We strongly advise you to consult your naturopathic doctor regarding the use of this oil. Nevertheless, if it is used adequately, oregano oil can offer only miracles for your body.
Other sources included:
Healthy Food House