PARAFFIN: Silent Danger in Your Home! Has More Toxic than Cigarettes and Causes Respiratory Problems, Headaches and Even Cancer!

Paraffin is a petroleum derivative used inmost of the candles available on the market. Manufacturers use paraffin or paraffin mixture in the candles because it is cheap and in that way the products are more profitable. However, if you are an asthmatic you may experience breathing problems if you are near burning candle with paraffin, and it can be as harmful as any second hand smoke.

The discharged fumes from the melted paraffin are similar to those ones of a diesel motor, thus filling the air with carcinogenic chemicals. Substances like benzene and toluene are released into the air from melted paraffin. They are carcinogens which can provoke headaches to lung cancer.

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health strongly advises you to limit your exposure to paraffin wax fumes as it has been discovered that paraffin fumes can cause tumor development in the liver and kidneys.

It is hard to believe but paraffin candle is consisted of approximately 20 toxic substances like: Acetone, Carbon Disulfide, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chlorobenzene, Cresol, Cyclopentene, Ethylbenzene, Phenol, Styrene,Trichlorofluoromethane, 2-Butanone, Trichloroethane, Trichloroethene, Tetrachloroethene, Xylene, etc.

There is more to it as in order to have that nice smell and color synthetic scents and colors are added to aromatic candles which may trigger allergic reactions.

Try to avoid buying scented candles such as Glade and Febreeze candles, cheap “aromatherapy”; also gel candles contain the same petrochemicals as paraffin, but they have one extra danger because their glass containers can occasionally explode. Likewise, try to avoid cheap candles from the Dollar Store because most of them are imported and might have lead wicks.

You are safe in buying these ones:

Beeswax candles

They are available in all sizes, shapes, in molded forms and containers, but what is most important is that they do not have toxins and are soot-free. Furthermore, they do not cause any allergic reactions, and burn brighter, cleaner and 5 times longer than paraffin candles. These candles are great for your surrounding as they emit negative ions into the air when burned. Well, they are really more expensive that the regular paraffin candles, but they can be easily made.

Soy candles


Soy candles are quite popular because they are an easy substitute for the paraffin ones. They burn clean and longer than the paraffin candles and are soot-free. However, there is a negative side of using them because they will spoil without the use of preservative and very often contain bleach and hardeners. Also it is a known fact that soy is the most genetically customized crop in the U.S.

 

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *