There isn’t a person in the world that does not use some kind of commercial cosmetic product. Unfortunately, many of them can be extremely harmful for our health since they are packed with dangerous chemicals, and we are not even aware of that fact.
You must have heard about the deodorant for men, Axe. Follow reading, and find more about this popular man product.
In most advertisements, Axe is presented as a deodorant that will easily attract women. However, most women cannot even stand the smell of this deodorant. Nevertheless, that is not that much important as it is the effect this deodorant can have on the health and on the overall well-being. If you have not been familiar with the fact that these sprays in fact are packed with endocrine disruptors, then it is about time to find out about this negative effect of the popular deodorant Axe. Namely, endocrine disruptors imitate the function of the human hormones thereby immensely confuse the body.
Here it is the explanation from the Endocrine Society:
“Endocrine disruptors have effects on male and female reproduction, breast development and cancer, prostate cancer, neuroendocrinology, thyroid, metabolism and obesity, and cardiovascular endocrinology.”
But, this is not all; Axe products contain even more harmful compounds, we shall name all of them:
- Aluminum Zirconium Tetrachlorohydrex Gly – is an active antiperspirant ingredient that stays on the underarm so that it prevents wetness during the24 hours period. However, the skin easily absorbs aluminum ions which buildup in time and cause breast cancer, kidney damage, nerve damage, and Alzheimer’s.
- BHT – is an antimicrobial preservative, however it is easily absorbed into the skin which can lead to organ damage, cancer, and reproductive toxicity.
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine–attributes to the foamy nature of some Axe products. But, it actually interacts with other chemicals and creates nitrosamines, which most of them are harmful, therefore detrimental to health because they are highly carcinogenic. According to many researchers they cause over 40 types of cancer both in humans and animals.
- PPG-14 Bustyl Ether – if you keep your underarms all the time dry which is not natural at all, then they will buildup static cling, and this paraben reduces it. Yet, it is traced in 99% of all breast cancer tissue.
Likewise, it belongs to the group of toluene derivatives, which contains chemicals which are linked to developmental and reproductive toxicity.
You can still prevent the smell of your armpits by using natural replacements to the commercial ones; you can make your own natural deodorant as there are many available recipes on the net. Here below are some safe deodorants:
- Green Tidings Deodorant
- Clark’s Zinc Deo
- Lafes Twist-Stick Deodorant
Other sources included: