Many studies have proven that thyme essential oil is healthwise beneficial oil as it contains the active compound thymol which contains potent antiseptic properties. In fact, most antiseptic wipes and mouth washes have in their content thymol.
According to recent research, thyme essential oil can also reduce pain. However, this should not be great surprise to us since plenty traditional medicines have used thyme and other essential oils to relieve pain.
Thyme Oil beats out Ibuprofen for pain relief
According to a large-scale study led by a team of researchers from Iran`s Babol University of Medical Sciences confirmed that not only thyme acts as potent pain-reliever, but as well as more efficiently relieves pain of heavy menstruation than the use of Ibuprofen.
Participants of this study were 84 female university students with troublesome menstruation in the age range of 15 to 24 years old who were suffering from dysmenorrhea.
Dysmenorrhea is a condition manifested by painful cramping which might be accompanied with symptoms such as nausea, headache, dizziness, and back pain. There is also secondary dysmenorrhea which means that the pain roots from another condition.
Researchers confirmed that primary dysmenorrheal which appears within 2 years of the beginning of menarche is not linked with pain during the other parts of the cycle. It makes sense because painful menses are more common in younger women within their first years of the menstrual cycle.
Other Great Health Advantages of Thyme Oil
It is a magnificent antiseptic protecting wounds and sores from infections. Thanks to the presence of Caryophyllene and Camphene it offers these antiseptic benefits.
This oil helps in obstructed circulation and uric acid buildup in the blood which cause arthritis, rheumatism, and gout. It is a diuretic supporting the removal of toxic matter. Since it is a stimulant, it boosts circulation and solves this issue separately.
It is good for persons experiencing low blood pressure. Persons with this health condition are at higher risk of feeling sluggish and falling unconscious. Thyme regulates their blood pressure by increasing it in the most natural way.
It tones up the heart, circulatory system, digestive system, nervous system, muscles, and the skin.
- Since it has the function of diuretic, thyme is good for treating infections of the bladder and the urinary tract.
- By adding thyme to hot compress you will alleviate muscle pain, rheumatic pain, sciatica, sprains, and sports injuries.
- If you want to treat athlete`s foot, animal bites, and boils then apply undiluted thyme essential oil on the affected areas. Make sure to protect the skin with some cream.
- In order to stimulate menstruation or missing periods do massages with thyme essential oil.
- Thymol protects the healthy fats in cell membranes.
- Regular consumption of thyme has been discovered to raise the amount of DHA in heart, kidney, and brain cell membranes.
- You can treat alopecia areata by stirring in thyme with lavender, cedarwood, and rosemary in a mixture of grapeseed and jojoba oils.
- Thymol has been shown to facilitate healing by increasing blood flow to the skin.
- Used to eliminate nail fungus.
- Used to eliminate parasites.
- Used as insect repellent.
- Used for vaginitis and candida.
- It is found in natural hand sanitizers.
- For insect stings and bites you need to dilute oil or crushed thyme and apply it on the affected areas.
- Use 1% solution as antibacterial wash for produce.
- Use it as a face wash, hair tonic, or as a treatment of warts and acne.
- It blends well with pine, bergamot lemon, lavender, and grapefruit.