Many performed scientific studies have offered evidence that apple cider vinegar (ACV) successfully treats eczema, and many other skin conditions.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Beneficial Properties
Here below, read all the contained medicinal properties which are highly beneficial in treating eczema:
- ACV contains plenty of minerals and essential vitamins, including: iron, magnesium, pectin, potassium, sulphur, sodium, calcium, and phosphorous; all these manage eczema and strengthen the immunity.
- It is high in acetic, lactic, and malic acids. They contain potent anti-fungal and antibacterial features that decrease inflammation, itchiness, alleviate the dry skin and prevent against skin infections.
- ACV has beta-carotene, which promotes cells renewal.
- It is a great source of potassium, which regulates skin’s pH levels and treats allergies.
- Apple cider vinegar has plenty of fiber which is helpful in getting rid of toxins that cause eczema.
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rejuvenates and Cleanses Skin
ACV is very useful for other skin conditions as it provides various benefits for the skin. Here below are five good reasons to use it, so that you treat skin issues and boost its quality.
However, you have to be careful when applying it as it cannot be applied directly onto the face, prior application you have to dilute it with water in a 1:1 ratio. First try it on the skin on your hand to see if you are allergic to it or your skin is too sensitive to it, and if the test is ok, apply it on your face.
- ACV can battle acne, pimples, and blemishes due to powerful antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, and offers the same effect as the expensive commercial acne creams. The formation of vinegar triggers the creation of malic acid, and it so strong that it prevents the formation of pimples and acne, and fights bacteria.
- ACV removes toxins from the face. If it is applied regularly it will eliminate toxins from the skin thereby acquiring clean and radiant skin.
- ACV balances the skin by removing the oil from it and balancing its pH levels. Thereby, the sebum production is being regulated preventing too dry or too oily skin. So, regular wash with ACV will promote skin balance.
- ACV has the ability to fight against wrinkles. If you wash the face on regular basis with a solution of diluted apple cider vinegar your wrinkles and fine lines will be decreased. After the wash, rinse the face with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
- ACV significantly lowers age spots. Washing your face regularly with apple cider vinegar will help you in reducing age spots. It contains alpha hydroxy acids that are helpful in removing dead skin cells and as well as promote skin health.
Use: Apply little bit of the vinegar on a cotton ball and place it directly on age spots. Let it act for 30 minutes and after that rinse the face with water. For best results, repeat this procedure twice during the day for a month and a half, and you will be astonished by the results.
These are some of the most effective ways to treat eczema by using apple cider vinegar:
Oral intake of apple cider vinegar
This type of intake will prevent eczema reoccurrence and it will enhance the immune system. However, you should always consume it in diluted form.
- 1 teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup of Water
Preparation: Include 1 teaspoon of vinegar to a cup of water, and consume the mix. In order to eliminate eczema repeat this 2 to 3 times a day.
Apple cider vinegar diluted in water
Apple Cider Vinegar has powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties, therefore when applied will successfully alleviate skin affected with eczema.
- 2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 3 cotton balls
Preparation: Use a little bowl where you will combine apple cider vinegar and water. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and apply it on the eczema. You need to repeat the process till the eczema is completely gone. If you are dealing with sensitive skin, include1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to half a cup of water.
Apple Cider Vinegar Bath
This bath is highly effective when eczema treatment is concerned.
- half a cup of apple cider vinegar
Preparation: Prepare your bath and include some apple cider vinegar in it. Soak inside the bathtub for about15 minutes. Likewise, you can include some coconut oil in the bath so that you enhance its beneficial effects and as well as provide you with a pleasant scent. Once you come out of the bath pat dry your body with a clean towel. After that, apply the moisturizer on the impacted areas. You need to repeat this daily till your eczema is completely treated.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
- 1 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of honey (at your own preference)
Preparation: First mix 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and then include this mix into a cup of water. If you wish you can flavor the taste of the mixture with 1teaspoon of honey. Stir the mix nicely and drink it regularly on a daily basis that is until the eczema is entirely treated.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey
Honey has been proven to be very beneficial when skin conditions are concerned as it decreases inflammation and soothes the irritated skin. Above all it contains potent antibacterial properties which efficiently kill existing bacteria. For that reason, this combo is great for treating eczema.
- 1 glass of water
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Preparation: Start with mixing the honey with the apple cider vinegar, and then include the mix into a glass of water. Then, stir it nicely and drink it. In order to treat eczema you need to drink it 3 times a day.
NOTE: Make sure to exclude foods from your diet such as peanuts, milk, fish, soy, wheat, and eggs as they may worsen the condition.
Additional Crucial Tips:
- ACV has to be diluted as it is strong solution which may cause serious burning effects.
- Check before you apply ACV if you are allergic to it. Just apply a bit of the vinegar on the skin and wait for a minute to see if it causes some reaction.
- When consumed orally it can lead to irritation because it is acidic. Therefore, it is not advised if you suffer from diabetes, peptic ulcer or heartburn concerns.
- Hydrate your skin all the time because dry skin may aggravate the eczema symptoms.
- Pregnant women need to seek an advice from their doctor prior to use of ACV as it may provoke complications in certain cases.
- While using ACV you need to avoid strong and perfumed soaps so that you do not cause further damage and skin irritation.