Gout is a condition that leads to joint inflammation which usually incites slight swelling and stiffness, but in certain cases, it can cause excruciating pain and swelling that can appear in just a few hours. The main reason for its occurrence is build up uric acid resulting from excessive creation of waste and body’s inability to eliminate it completely.
Uric acid appears in the process of decomposing of purines, which are natural chemicals within the body and are also present in various foods. When the kidneys cannot eliminate the uric acid, crystal formations are formed and deposited around the joints.
However, there are couple things that you can do to get rid of uric acid and improve this ailment. But, in order to this you need to change your lifestyle and regular diet. You need to incorporate into your diet healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, seafood, lean meat, and whole grain.
Likewise, you need to lower processed sugars like high- fructose corn syrup, saturated fats, and alcohol. If up to now you have not consumed proper amount of water on daily basis then you should start to drink as much as possible. Your body needs to be hydrated so that it efficiently eliminates toxins and the accumulated uric acid out of the body. Keep your body hydrated with the following beverages: water, natural juices without any artificial sugar, fruit infused water, and herbal teas sweetened with honey.
Reducing stress is a must, therefore you need to introduce in your lifestyle some physical activity or routine like hiking enjoying the natural environment thus making you relaxed and anti-stressful.
Here below are some of the top natural tonics used in the case of gout:
1. Baking soda–According to various researches baking soda is an effective prophylaxis candidate for reducing uric acid in the body. In order to prevent gout, pour half a teaspoon to one glass of water and consume it each day. If you already suffer from gout, take a whole teaspoon.
2. Lemon water–It is really amazing due to the miraculous health benefits and uses. The body system needs to be more alkaline than acidic so that it prevents many health conditions, including gout. This incredible water raises body alkalinity thus preventing uric acid crystal formation. What you need to do is to squeeze half a lemon and include its juice into 8 ounces of warm water. Consume this beverage each morning on an empty stomach.
3. Apple cider vinegar – It likewise has the ability to enhance body alkalinity. It has malic acid which is effective in the breaking down uric acid, and also effectively discards it from the body. Make a mixture of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces of water. Drink it each day, before lunch and dinner.
And here are the top foods for preventing or treating gout condition:
- Curcumin, found in turmeric, is one of those foods which has a key role in renal protection and has potent anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bromelain, found in pineapples, has also anti-inflammatory properties that can offer analgesic effects.