Cannabis is taken in different forms throughout the world, although the best known form is recreational use. New studies show that the plant can actually be effective when consumed raw.
Cannabis contains more than 400 chemical compounds containing essential oils, amino acids and vitamins. In addition, it is rich in cannabinoid acids that are essential for the proper functioning of the cells.
Some research on the plant
– At the University of New York’s Langone Comprehensive Epilepsy Center (LCEC), researchers conducted a study on cannabidiol CBD. They tested the effect of CBD on convulsive disorders such as epilepsy and they had surprising results.
– Researchers studied breast cancer cells in the laboratory, which had high levels of expression of the Id-1 gene. In fact, they had treated these cells with cannabidiol. Effectively, after treatment, cells had decreased expression of Id-1. Therefore, CBD is the first non-toxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to decreased tumor aggressiveness.
– A 2006 study, published in the journal Molecular Pharmaceutics, found that THC, an active ingredient in marijuana, slows down the formation of amyloid plaques by blocking an enzyme in the brain. In fact, these plaques kill brain cells and cause Alzheimer’s disease.
– According to a study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal, cannabis could alleviate the painful symptoms of multiple sclerosis.
-In 2010, researchers at the University of Nottingham tested cannabis compounds, including THC and cannabidiol. Therefore, these compounds could interact with the cells involved in intestinal function and immune responses. The study was published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics.
– Studies indicate that THC activates pathways in the central nervous system to block the sending of signals from pain to the brain. Similarly, cannabis is particularly effective against neuropathic pain, or pain related to the nervous system.
You may think that the last thing you would do is be under the influence of this controversial psychotropic. But in reality, the cannabis plant in its raw form is not psychoactive.
Until now, the two most frequently studied cannabinoid acids are THCA and CBDA, which, if heated, decompose into various chemicals and degrade into psychoactive THC and CBD.
In addition, this process represents the decomposition of acids into an active form, and is known as decarboxylation.
On the other hand, when they are heated active THC and CBD would have health benefits, but the human body can only use a small amount. Dr. Courtney explains:
“We have a series of strains of cannabis called ACDC. ‘AC’ means alternative cannabinoid, which is the molecule of CBD acid, a very powerful anti-inflammatory agent, and ‘DC’ which means cannabis food. If you heat it, your dose should be about 10mg. However, if you do not heat it, then your dose should be about 600mg, but without psychoactive effect. When these substances are consumed raw, the body is able to process larger amounts of THCA and CBDA. Then, it can convert these acids into essential nutrients through its metabolism.”
Cannabis works wonders for health
Cannabinoid acids have been linked to the prevention of chronic diseases. In addition, endocannabinoid deficiency is linked to diseases such as:
Dr. Courtney suggested that high doses of raw CBDA and THCA are much more effective having the following actions:
-Anti-inflammatory -Anti-diabetics -Anti-ischemic (restricted blood flow in the body)
Cannabis contains a large amount of essential amino acids. They are essential for proper cell function. In addition, these compounds help repair damaged tissues, maintain structure and transport nutrients to the body.
In 2003, CBD was patented in the United States. It was discovered that cannabinoids had incredible antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. These antioxidants are beneficial in preventing cell damage, thus reducing disease.
In this research it was found that CBD is an antioxidant more potent than vitamins C and E. By taking large amounts of CBD from raw cannabis, one could introduce a large amount of antioxidants into the body very easily.
Cannabis a plant for therapeutic use
Cannabinoids are antiemetic, anticonvulsant, antipsychotic, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, neuro-protective and anti-depressant agents.
The human body also produces its own cannabinoids to protect cells from viruses, harmful bacteria, and deformity. Even breast milk contains these compounds.
William L. Courtney, MD, a powerful voice in the medical cannabis world, explains that most active compounds of cannabis are not only more bioavailable when eaten raw but are also safe to consume at higher doses, unlike when smoked.
Dr. Courntney suggested consuming it raw by preparing smoothies and juices with other vegetables such as parsley or coriander.
Consider the number of people who can die because they cannot use cannabis for therapeutic use.
If you are still not convinced, look at this very moving video that expresses the suffering of children with epilepsy.
Another video showing how a woman was able to replace the drugs with juices that contain cannabis
To conclude, this article does not prompt you to take cannabis for a recreational purpose. However, it is important to circulate information to help these people who are really suffering. Nevertheless, we must change things by informing as many people as possible.
So, it’s important to share this information, maybe one day you’ll need it!