Sage is an extremely beneficial plant showing plenty health properties due to the content of vitamin C, B, bactericidal enzymes, estrogen, bitter concepts, glucose, saponin, bactericidal and potassium. Likewise, it is known as “the herb of women” due to its powerful health benefits. It is very good for the abdomen; it can deflate it, thus being an ideal choice for losing weight. Follow reading, and find out all the benefits of this amazing plant health wise.
Health Advantages of Sage:
- Stimulates blood circulation.
- Reduces blood sugar levels.
- Soothes the digestive system.
- Beneficial for people with anemia.
- Balances the nervous system.
- Regulates exhaustion.
- Stops diarrhea.
- Helpful in throat and gums conditions.
- Heals ulcers and sores.
- Shows antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Treats urinary retention and cystitis.
- Deals with gingivitis and pharyngitis.
- Alleviates the symptoms of menopause like headaches, nausea, night sweats, hot flashes, dizziness, etc.
- Protects the vaginal mucosa.
- Impedes the production of sweat.
Uses of sage:
- Aids your anxious, gastrointestinal and gynecological system
For that purpose put 4 g of sage leaves in a cup of water, leave it to stay and then drink it.
- Throat and gums
Soothe these body parts by preparing an infusion that needs to be gargled 3 times a day.
- Used against sweat
Soak 50 grams of dried sage in 500ml of alcohol 70 and let it stand for a week, but you need to stir it daily. After this period of time take 50 drops one or two times a day.
- Prepare tonic for soothing digestive issues and for washing wounds
In 3 cups of boiled water place 3 teaspoons of the dried sage plant. Leave it to stand and then consume 3 cups a day.
- Heals wounds
In order to achieve this, you need to mix the honey with concentrated infusion or tincture and then use it over the injury.
- Deflate the joints and alleviate the arthritic pains
All you have to do is to rub them with oil.
- Against rheumatism and paralysis
In 2 liters of water boil two big handfuls of sage leaves for 15 minutes, after that strain them and take it into the tub. Have 2-3 baths a week.
- Skin illness caused by fungi
For managing this condition you need to prepare baths and poultices with sage.
Have in mind:
It is not recommended for pregnant women, especially in the first few months of pregnancy, as it is abortive. Likewise, breastfeeding mums should not ingest it as it impedes the milk production.