UMMC – The University of Mississippi Medical Center has made an analysis on chicken nuggets to find out about the content of these so much vastly consumed processed food, and the findings were devastating.
The devastating fact of these chicken nuggets is that only 40 to 50% of their content is chicken meat, the rest of it is a fat combination, nerves, blood vessels, skin, sinew, and bone pieces.
A renowned professor of medicine, pediatrics and immunology at UMMC Richard de Shazo stated:“…What has happened is that some companies have chosen to use an artificial mixture of chicken parts rather than low-fat chicken white meat, batter it up and fry it, and still call it chicken. It is really a chicken by-product high in calories, salt, sugar and fat that is a very unhealthy choice. Even worse, it tastes great and kids love it and it is marketed to them.”
A conducted study “The Autopsy of Chicken Nuggets Reads ‘Chicken Little’ ” revealed that: “The nugget from the first restaurant was composed of approximately 50 percent skeletal muscle, with the remainder composed primarily of fat, with some blood vessels and nerve present. Higher-power views showed generous quantities of epithelium and associated supportive tissue including squamous epithelium from skin or viscera.”
Regarding this mater Professor DeShazo said: “… When you fry any food, you’ve got a problem because you add a lot of calories to it. And we eat high-fat foods like chicken nuggets rather than fresh fruits and vegetables.”
Unfortunately, there are more awful ingredients that the meat producers include in the chicken nuggets as if the above mentioned ones are not enough. Please read what is more added to our favorite processed food:
- Ammonia – this substance is utilized in household cleaning products and as well as on cut meats like the ground beef since“the trim of animal meat is susceptible to having bacteria on it.”The spraying process of ammonia was released in 2001, and became popular after the discovery of pink slime. What is pink slime?
Pink slime is a mixture of bovine connective tissue and beef scraps doused in ammonia formed into a paste which acts as bonding agent. It is not expensive adhesive which binds beef together. However, according to BPI pink slime is safer than the conventional ground beef on which is used the ammonia treatment.
- Castoreum – this substance is used by many corporations for adding “natural flavoring.”Castoreum is a bitter, orange-brown oily secretion which is extracted from the castor sac scent glands of the male or female beaver located near the anus. This discharge from the anal sac is combined with urine which beavers use it naturally to mark their territory or in their sexual rites. But, the food producers use it as a food color agent in certain drinks, foods, desserts, puddings and candles. This is really gross!
- Carbon monoxide–is utilized in the beef so that it keeps its red color. It is injected into the plastic wrap of the beef after the air is removed. This process is believed to be safe for humans, and we are all recommended to have carbon monoxide detectors in our homes as this odorless gas is deadly.
- Carmine – this additive is utilized to on many products to enhance its red color. It is consisted of crushed beetles.
- L-Cysteine –this substance is an amino acid that is derived from human hair collected at barber shops. This acid can be also traced in duck and chicken feathers and cow horns. It is included into the bread and fast food products from Berger King, McDonalds, and Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Propylene glycol – this compound is an additive in soda, but it is likewise utilized in pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and electronic cigarettes. It is a chemical that makes anti-freeze, and moreover, it is found in the Corexit oil dispersement toxin used after the Deepwater Horizon BP oil spill. It is extremely harmful compound that can cause neurological disorders and heart attacks.
- Shellac – is utilized in jelly beans as their protection. It is actually a sticky substance derived from the secretions of the female Kerria lacca, an insect that originates from Thailand.
- Sodium benzoate – is the substance that offers the feeling of fizziness when drinking soda pop. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that this chemical is generally safe. Yet, it is related to the hyperactive behavior in children. Sodium benzoate is in the content of fruit juices, pickles, carbonated drinks, salad dressings, and condiments. Moreover, it has been revealed that this chemical promotes the production of cancerous cells.
After reading this article you start to wonder what are we really putting in our bodies.
Other sources included: