Pumpkin seeds are extremely beneficial for your health, and even though you may think that they are a nuisance to keep or clean them do not throw them away as the benefits are great. However, sometimes people throw them away as they are not aware of their excellent nutritional profile. Pumpkin seeds can offer many health advantages and in this article we shall present them to you so that next time when you have them at hand you can appreciate them more.
5 Amazing Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds for Your Body
- Pumpkin seeds are loaded with magnesium
This is extremely crucial mineral which takes part in over 300 biochemical reactions which are highly required for the adequate function of the body. Many Americans lack magnesium in their bodies as a result of the standard Western diet, which is substantially deficient in valuable nutrients and among them is magnesium as well. Therefore, pumpkin seeds are extremely beneficial for the body as half a cup of pumpkin seeds offers 92% percent of the recommended daily amount of magnesium.
- Pumpkin seeds boost mood and reduce hot flashes
They are rich in tryptophan highly needed for the serotonin production in the brain thus making them very beneficial for mood boosting. The rich content of magnesium aids in body temperature balance, and hence helping to decrease the hot flashes.
- Pumpkin seeds enhance testosterone
Pumpkin seeds are great source of vitamins B, C, D, and E, which take the vital role in libido. These seeds are abundant with zinc, which can enhance testosterone levels in the most natural way. So, these seeds are in a way magical for the male sexual health.
- Pumpkin seeds can battle cancer
In the content of pumpkin seeds there are compounds known as cucurbitacins, which have the ability to fight off cancer and as well as kill various types of cancer cells. This has been confirmed by many scientific studies.
- Pumpkin seeds aid with insomnia
As mentioned before they are rich in tryptophan, having a crucial role in serotonin and melatonin production in the brain. But, it also takes a vital role in the sleep/wake cycle. Therefore, consume pumpkin seeds regularly to beat insomnia and hence easily falling asleep.
Other Health Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
- Great mineral support as it contains: copper, zinc, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese.
- Substantial antioxidant support including the following antioxidants: Alpha-tocopherol, alpha-tocomonoenol, delta-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol, and gamma-tocomonoenol which are all forms of vitamin in E, an antioxidant traced in pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin seeds, their extracts, and pumpkin seed oil display potent antimicrobial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.
- Diabetes: It has been discovered that pumpkin seed oil improves insulin regulation in diabetic animals and also prevents some negative effects of diabetes on kidney function.
NOTE: Pumpkin seeds may have benefits for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH). Namely, numerous studies have came to the findings that different nutrients in pumpkin seeds positively affect BPH, including zinc, phytosterols, and lignans.
Other sources included: