Joint pains are very common in older people and athletes. Instead of relieving it with painkillers or other gels, why don’tyou deal with it naturally? Here is a simple, natural and very effective remedy.
Joint pain is very difficult to bear, especially for the elderly. They are also very frequent and that is the reason why the use of drugs can be dangerous. It is best to treat the pain naturally.
How joint pain occurs?
According to polls, one in three Americans is suffering from joint pain. The pain can be inflammatory (caused by infection), mechanical (wear of cartilage, osteoarthritis …) or traumatic (following a fall, a sharp blow or a bad move …). It can also result from a lack of physical activity, aging, sore accomplished by physical effort or weight gain or fracture.
How to relieve the joint pain naturally?
If you are prone to joint pain, we suggest you try this natural remedy to relieve it. It also strengthens your bones and increases the lubrication of the joints.
- 5-6 carrots (depending on size)
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 inch fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
Clean the carrots and grate them with the ginger. Add the turmeric and pepper and blend until the mixture is consistent. If the texture is too thick, dilute it in water before each use.
Drink ¼ cup of this mixture three times a day, 30 minutes before each meal.
Why this mixture?
All the ingredients in this recipe have a strong healing power.
Ginger is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent; it strengthens the immune system, fights infection and prevents many diseases.
Carrots role is to strengthen the bones. They contain lots of vitamins, calcium and iron which are all necessary for good health.
Turmeric contains curcumin which helps alleviate joint pain. Curcumin also reduces arthritic flare-ups.
Black pepper helps curcumin found in turmeric pass the digestive barrier to accentuate its anti-inflammatory effect.
- Black pepper is not recommended in case of ulcer, gastritis, hemorrhoids because it irritates the mucous membranes.
- Turmeric is not recommended in case of gallbladder disease. It must also be used with caution in combination with certain medications because it may influence their effects. Turmeric is also a powerful blood thinner, so it is not recommended for pregnant women and should be avoided in case of surgery or treatment with anticoagulant substances.
- Ginger is not recommended for pregnant or lactating women, people suffering from blood diseases, diabetics and puny people.
Other tips to treat joint pain
It is important to consult a naturopathic physician to complete your joint pain treatment.
Sessions with physical therapist can also relieve your pain.
Regularly consume infusions of nettle, meadowsweet, horsetail and ash because these plants have potent anti-inflammatory effect.