Many people around the world experience sleeping issues, for most of them falling asleep is the most difficult task. Insomnia is a sleeping condition that impacts lot of people thereby substantially influencing their everyday life. Having a sleepless night makes the following day the most excruciating experience as you are constantly tired, edgy, and not being able to properly fulfill the simplest task.
Therefore, persons who struggle with this issue usually turn to the prescribed drugs or the ones over the counter. However, this is so wrong as they contain harmful substances, and moreover they are addictive. Nature has given us many solutions for treating certain conditions because of that it is up to us to use them.
An effective natural remedy for treating insomnia is the combination of honey and cinnamon. This remedy is safe without the negative side effects. It will help you to restore your sleep and make you wake up fresh and in a good mood.
Honey is extremely concentrated water solution of two sugars which are good sugars as our body breaks down them faster and easier. Even though it is much sweeter than the standard sugar, it is more beneficial for the overall health. It is low on the Glycemic index thus making its absorption in the blood stream gradual.
Scientists have already proven honey’s ability to promote and restore sleep. First of all, it offers a proper supply of liver glycogen during the night when the body stores are low. It is believed that an average adult liver has only 75-100 grams worth of storage space for glycogen, which varies between women and men of different sizes of the body. Namely, the body consumes 10 grams of glycogen per hour during the day, leaving the stores low at bedtime, at 11 p.m.
Amazing 40 Health Advantages of Raw Honey
- Boosts immunity.
- Promotes blood flow thereby protecting the heart.
- It has the ability to reverse vision. Therefore, mix 2 tablespoons of honey with carrot juice and drink it regularly.
- Lowers inflammation and pain.
- Alkalizes body’s pH levels.
- It is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals.
- Honey contains powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Increases energy and lowers fatigue.
- Soothes a sore throat.
- Supports the growth of good bacteria in the intestine.
- It assists in the weight loss process. In order to achieve this, drink warm water with honey and lemon on an empty stomach.
- It relieves burns and acts as disinfectant of wounds. Prepare a mixture of honey and garlic and apply it straight to your wounds so that you can clean the area.
- Honey protects against low white blood cell count.
- Kills bacteria accountable for the occurrence of acne.
- It aids with indigestion and acid reflux.
- It is abundant with phytonutrients which incorporate potent anti-tumor and cancer-preventing properties.
- Fights off pollen allergies. Therefore, take 1 teaspoon of raw honey a few times a day.
- Relives gastrointestinal disorders and as well as reduces ulcers.
- Removes parasites from liver and colon.
- Decreases metabolic stress.
- Deals with anxiety.
- Assists with scalp issue and dandruff.
- It enhances stamina and endurance in athletes.
- Alleviates morning sickness.
- Soothes a toothache. Just combine honey and cinnamon to form a paste which you will apply it on the aching tooth.
- Aids with pink eye. Therefore prepare the following solution: mix 1 teaspoon with a cup of water, and then heat it so that you melt the honey. Leave it cool off and use an eye dropper so that you can drop the mixture in the affected eye.
- Decreases cholesterol. For that reason, mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of cinnamon in 2 cups of tea.
- Honey lowers hay fever. Consume a tablespoon of honey in the morning.
- It clears sinuses. Therefore, blend in 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger juice and honey. Consume this mixture 2 to 3 times a day.
- Aids with hiccups.
- It is very helpful for arthritis. Mix 1 part of honey, 2 parts of lukewarm water and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. After that apply the mixture on the itching part of your body and do a massage.
- Eliminates foul breath. Mix 1 teaspoon of honey and cinnamon in hot water and drink it immediately.
- It is a great skin moisturizer. For that reason, mix 2 tablespoons of warm water and a dollop of honey. Then use the mix on your skin and perform a gentle massage.
- Soothes leg cramps. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. Take this mixture each night before going to bed.
- Alleviates headaches. Just include honey in half a glass of water and drink it immediately.
- Honey is helpful in the case of eczema. So, make a mixture consisted of honey with ginger and black pepper.
- Helps with hangovers. Therefore, mix 1 tbsp of raw honey with 1/3 cup of organic yogurt and 1/3 cup of orange juice.
Have in mind: You should always use raw, organic honey since the heating process during manufacturing can remove the beneficial enzymes and nutrients.
What is most important is that the locally grown raw honey from the area you reside in as it is particularly beneficial for your health. It contains immune stimulating features that are needed for the body so that it can adapt to its environment.
Other sources included: