Sciatica is a health condition manifested by leg pain that may feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be so intense and excruciating that simple positions like sitting or standing can become impossible.
This condition can appear all of a sudden or it can develop gradually. It can be accompanied by the following signs: burning sensation down to the leg up to the toes, weakness, and numbness. Not so typical symptom which may also occur is the inability to move your foot and toes and also to bend your knee.
Causes of Sciatica
Sciatica may also be a sign of a “pinched nerve” which can be pinched inside or outside the spinal canal impacting one or more spinal nerves.
Here are the following causes:
- The most typical cause of this condition is a herniated or slipped disc causing pressure on the nerve root.
- Spinal stenosis occurs due to narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
- Piriformis syndrome develops when the piriformis muscle which is a small muscle placed deep in the buttocks, gets tight or spasm, thereby putting pressure on and irritating the sciatic nerve.
- Spondylolisthesis appears as a result the movement of the bone in the back (vertebra) which slides forward over the bone below it, narrowing the opening through which the nerve exits.
- Sciatica occurs as a result of narrowing of the spinal canal with pressure on the nerves.
Nevertheless, we have an effective homemade remedy which will assist you in eliminating back and sciatica pain forever. All you have to do is to follow the instructions below:
Sciatica and Back Pain Remedy
- 4 organic cloves of garlic (aged)
- 2 cups of organic coconut milk
Preparation: Include the garlic cloves in the coconut milk and simmer the mixture on high heat for 30 minutes. Leave it to cool down, and after that consume it.
Ginger- A Great Pain Reliever
Ginger has potent antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-ulcer properties. The essential oil of ginger is amazing healing agent which contains powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic qualities. Plenty conducted studies have proven that it is an extraordinary pain reliever since it has the ability to act on vanilloid receptors, located on sensory nerve endings, thereby alleviating pain linked to arthritis.
The University of Miami carried out study regarding ginger extract where it was revealed that it could be a great substitute for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). In this study 247 persons, suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee, were involved where the effects of ginger extract were compared to placebo. The given results were that ginger decreased the pain and stiffness in knee joints by outstandingly 40%.
Another study performed by the researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles revealed the ability of ginger to impact certain inflammatory processes at a cellular level. Ginger is strongly advised to people who suffer from arthritis as a result of its incredible analgesic properties.
Other sources included: