We are all familiar with fact that breakfast is the most essential meal in the day, however if this meal is consisted of oatmeal then you will acquire countless health advantages.
It is a healthy nutritious meal offering various benefits which will substantially improve the overall health.
Oats have been used for centuries both as food and medicine. They have been widely grown and harvested as it is great food and as well as effective remedy for intestinal problems, skin conditions, nerve concerns, uterine issues, and many more.
So, include this meal in your everyday diet and enjoy all its benefits particularly in the case of gout.
Likewise, it is great against weigh gain and obesity as it offers the feeling of fullness avoiding all those unnecessary cravings during the day and optimally energizes the body.
The oatmeal is high in antioxidants, such as vitamin E, selenium, tocotrienols, phytic acids and phenolic acid. It is also a rich source of copper, biotin, phosphorus, vitamin B1, molybdenum, magnesium and many other phytonutrients.
A quarter of serving of oatmeal offers one hundred percent of the recommended daily intake of manganese. Further on, this oat whole grain in a half a cup of serving provides 13 gram of protein.
In addition to this, oatmeal can significantly lower the total daily calories by outstanding 81%. According to researchers, the consumption of oatmeal in the morning helped in the prevention of over-consuming calories during the remaining day. They provide the feeling of satiety thus you will have no need for extra calories and it will help you in melting the unwanted pounds and extra fat.
Furthermore, it contains a low-glycemic index (GI) hence supplying you with energy without causing any drastic increase or decrease in blood sugar. Keeping decreased blood sugar levels will help you over time to regulate the usage of insulin, and above all it will prevent the sugar cravings.
These are not the only health benefits that the consumption of oatmeal will offer to you, here are more of them:
- It is a great grain substitute for persons suffering from celiac disease and for the ones who are sensitive to gluten
- Reduces cholesterol levels
- Decreases the threat of cardiovascular disease
- Enhances immunity
- Normalizes blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of type II diabetes
- Lowers the risk of heart failure
- Oat whole grains prevent childhood asthma
- Prolongs life span
- Prevents breast cancer due to rich content of fiber
You need to know certain facts about oat processing as there are different ways of doing it, and you need to know this so that you can distinguish different types.
- Oat bran, has only the outer layer of the grain which is located under the hull.
- Standard/ old-fashioned oats, as a result of the steaming process acquire the flat shape and afterwards they are being rolled.
- Steel-cut oats, are being run through steel blades, sliced thus having dense and chewy texture.
- Oat groats, these unflatten kernels are excellent for breakfast meal and for stuffing.
- Quick-cooking oats, are being processed as the old-fashioned oats, plus they are finely cut before rolling.
- Instant oatmeal, first the grains are cooked, and after that rolled highly thin.
Any of these oats is healthy, but it is always better to use the less processed ones like the steel-cut ones. These are the healthy ones which will offer you extremely nutritious and delicious breakfast.
Include oats into your smoothies, shakes, yogurt, desserts, or just use it as a grain substitute in all meals. For instance, you can replace quinoa with oat in your favorite recipes. Whatever way you decide to use this remarkable grain, you will gain all its amazing benefits.