Colon needs to be cleansed as it is the most crucial organ that eliminates build-up toxins. If it stops to do its job properly, then certain health issues will occur, and the daily toxins in our body will start to accumulate in a process called auto-intoxication.
The body waste like undigested foods like meat cause a mucus buildup in the colon, which on the other hand produces toxins that enter the bloodstream and intoxicate the body.
Here are some of the autointoxication symptoms: headache, fatigue, lack of energy and weight gain.
Therefore, you need to cleanse the colon so that the mucus build-up is being removed hence promoting good digestive health which has the following effects on your health: improving the immune system and mental ability, lowering the colon cancer of and weight loss.
There are other benefits of colon cleansing associated to specific health concerns like: drug withdrawal, spasm during colonoscopy, fecal incontinence or bowel leakage, ostomy care (surgical connection between an intestine and the outside of the body), and prior and during bowel surgeries.
The colon can be cleansed naturally without the use of over-the-counter medicines which most of them contain some kind of chemical. All you have to do is to incorporate in your diet regimen certain foods that aid colon cleansing. Here below is a list of those foods:
- Avocado contains high percentage of insoluble to soluble fiber. Insoluble fiber promotes healthy bowel movements, and soluble fiber maintains your bowel movements regular. Since the avocado has the both types of fiber, it is perfect solution for colon cleansing.
- Apple Cider Vinegar and apples contain pectin, which is a carbohydrate compound that acts as a thickening agent in the gut removing toxins that are harder to move through the digestive tract. Also apples are rich in fiber.
- Chia Seeds are packed with omega 3 fatty acids which are natural inflammation fighters. What you need to do is to include them in a glass of water, or sprinkle them on a salad. You can also put them in water for a while to plump up and create a jelly-like consistency. Another solution is to add them to your morning smoothies, or make a dessert – pudding with chia seeds, almond milk, and cacao.
- Chlorophyll-Rich Greens are celery, collard greens, sea vegetables, leeks, peas, spinach, green olives, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and Swiss chard. Here is a quote of the book The Enzyme Cure: How Plant Enzymes Can Help You Relieve 36 Health Problems, “Fat-soluble chlorophyll adheres to the lining of the intestinal wall and retards bacterial growth, removes putrefactive bacteria from the colon, and helps heal the mucosal lining of the gastrointestinal tract.”
- Fennel Seeds have the ability to remove mucus build-ups in the digestive tract. Likewise, they relieve excess gas, and prevent flatulence.
- Flax Seeds same as chia seeds are incredible anti-inflammatory agent with high nutritional value. According to Sheah L. Rarback, M.S., director of nutrition at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, “…they have micronutrients in them like vitamins and minerals, and also help with digestion and fiber. … Omega-3s are anti-inflammatory. Inflammation is probably the cause of most of our problems and chronic conditions.”
- Filtered water and Sea Salt are needed for good hydration highly necessary for good colon function. Drink as much as possible water, and add some sea salt to it, so that your water becomes far more effective detox.
- Green Tea is also effective natural detox agent. Green tea flushes toxins out if your kidneys, liver, and colon. It is very helpful for losing weight.
- Lemon and all other citrus fruits are actually the natural body detoxifiers. Citrus fruit juices are rich in vitamins and minerals that are highly beneficial for every aspect of the body health.
- Whole Grains are very high in fiber thereby promoting good colon health as it helps all aspects of digestion.