Apple Cider Vinegar is a very effective traditional natural remedy which is considered as ancient and therefore many people try to discard it. However, recently many medical studies were carried out which once more confirmed its numerous health benefits. This is what Dr.Oz says regarding this matter: “…In fact, research study reveals that vinegars consist of anti-oxidants, which slow early aging and minimize the threat of cancer…”
What is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)?
This vinegar is made from the cider of apples that is from crushing the apples and squeezing their contents. In order to make ACV, bacteria and yeast is included to the extracted liquid of the apples. The fermentation process is incited where the contained sugar becomes alcohol. Then via healthy acid-forming bacteria the solution is turned into vinegar.
Common uses for apple cider vinegar are: marinades, vinaigrettes, chutneys which are typical Indian side meal, and food preservatives.
Here below are the 10 reasons for consuming apple cider vinegar (ACV) every morning:
1. ACV reduces blood sugar levels – this is the most potent use as it lowers blood sugar levels. It has been confirmed that ACV helps patients who suffer from type 2 diabetes. According to the research study where individuals consumed apple cider vinegar the blood sugar glucose was reduced by 19 to 34% especially when eating a high-carbohydrate meal.
- ACV may protect against cancer – according to conducted research studies which were initially performed on tube rats that were using rice vinegar. More researches need to be done so that this hypothesis is 100% confirmed, however the results are promising. Namely, in China were revealed positive links between vinegar consumption and reduced number of cases of esophageal cancer.
- ACV lowers the threat of cardiovascular diseases – like stroke and heart disease which have become main causes of death. It is believed that ACV lowers LDL cholesterol, the “bad” cholesterol that provokes plaque buildup in the arteries. Due to the antioxidant chlorogenic acid contained in the vinegar, the oxidation of cholesterol particles is being avoided, and the risk of cardiovascular disease is being lowered.
- ACV kills unhealthy bacteria –thanks to its anti-bacterial properties it is used as a food preservative. Likewise, it has been used for ear infections, lice, warts and nail fungi. As a result of its potent anti-bacterial features it can be used as an anti-bacterial representative in many different ways. Even 2,000 years ago, Hippocrates the famous ancient Greek doctor, used it for cleaning up injuries.
- ACV can help aching throat – as it can eliminate the bacteria that caused this condition. This vinegar is a powerful germ-killing liquid which can stop the infection in its early development. Just make a gargle of ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup of warm water the moment your throat starts to feel sore and scratchy.
- ACV wards off indigestion –just by drinking a simple mixture of apple cider vinegar before eating. The mixture is prepared by mixing a teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of warm water. For optimal results, consume this mix half an hour before eating.
- ACV clears nasal congestion – due to apple cider vinegar’s high potassium content. It actually thins the accumulated mucous in the nasal passages. Just put a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold water and drink it. So, whenever you experience stuffed nose use this solution.
- ACV keeps you full – and for that reason you will start to lose unwanted pounds. According to a research study where individuals drank apple cider vinegar, they consumed 200 to 275 less calories during a 24 hours period. Because of the increased feeling of satiety people consumed less food meaning fewer calories.
- ACV eliminates dandruff – it is a great anti dandruff treatment, according to Dr. Oz. It actually changes pH levels of the scalp because of which yeast cannot grow so there isn’t dandruff production. Make a mixture of ¼ cup of apple cider with ¼ cup water and spray it onto the scalp. Then you need to wrap your head in a towel from 15 to 60 minutes. Afterwards wash it off. For best results, this procedure needs to be done twice a week.
- ACV clears acne and pimples – thanks to the potent anti-bacterial properties. It actually benefits the skin complexion, that is, the malic and lactic acids found in the apple cider vinegar help in exfoliation and softening of the skin. It lowers acne’s soreness while balancing the pH levels of the skin.