Veganism and vegetarianism have become so widely accepted as in that way many people are trying to help our planet. Lot of people are changing their lifestyles as a result of the ongoing environmental issues, ethical reasons and their health. Removing meat from your diet is a part of their change of lifestyle, and because of that many turn to veganism and vegetarianism. This is a good thing as in that way we are changing the condition of our planet.
But, the question remains, how to get protein without consuming meat?
Naturally, there are always other ways as our planet has offered us many meat-free products. Usually when we think about proteins the first thing that comes to our mind is meat, then fish and eggs. However, as we said before there are meat-free foods that offer the necessary proteins for our bodies:
Alternatives of Getting Protein Without Consuming Meat
- Broccoli 1 cup chopped = 8 grams
- Beans 1 cup kidney beans = 13 grams
- Chia Seeds 2 tablespoons = 4.7 grams
- Chickpeas ½ cup = 7.3 grams
- Edamame ½ cup, boiled = 8.4 grams
- Green peas 1 cup = 7.9 grams
- Nuts 1 ounce = 5 to 6 grams
- Quinoa 1 cup = 8 grams
- Tofu ½ cup = 20 grams
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tablespoon = 1 gram
Basic facts about protein
- Our body needs protein because it is vital for proper cell growth and repair. We cannot survive without enough quantities of protein. Protein assists us to grow, recover, and carry almost every chemical reaction within the body system.
- Men require 56 grams of protein on daily basis.
- Women require 46 grams of protein on daily basis.