Even though nowadays, people have neglected the use of good manners they are important in a person’s behavior. Good manners are a sign of politeness, proper behavior and upbringing. They are consisted of using adequate vocabulary, speaking properly, restraining emotions, being courteous and having a neat and clean appearance.
So, if you are interested in acquiring good manners just look at the following etiquette 15 rules:
- If you are having a walk with someone, and that same person greets some other people, then you should also greet them although that is the first occasion that you have seen them.
- When you are in a company with another person or persons scrolling your phone all the time, and checking it constantly is really rude manner. This shows that you are not interested in the company you are with or just simply showing disinterest. So, if you are in company with someone fully dedicate yourself to him/her.
- If you are a man, you can eat your sushi with your hands, instead of chopsticks.
- If you plan to go out with someone, do not spend the evening texting or calling others.
- Always show gratitude to the persons who have helped you. Thank them as that is a sign of appreciation.
- Men should always take a lady’s coat to the cloakroom, and ladies on the other hand should never let men to carry their bags.
- Try not to lead empty conversations over the phone and answer only when it is very important.
- Never stare at people, talk and laugh loudly.
- If you are driving, observe pedestrians carefully.
- If you go to the cinema, theater, opera while getting to your seat, your face needs to face the people you pass on your way.
- If you make a mistake, apologize, and even though your apology was accepted, do not ever make the same mistake.
- Properly mannered men show respect to all women equally.
- These 9 things need to be kept only to yourself: religion, disgrace, age, honor, affairs, medical problems, wealth, gifts, and family problems.
- If you are the only person that follows certain trend, people around you may consider it ridiculous, no matter how good it looks.
- It is a polite thing to greet everyone when you enter somewhere no matter of their age, status, or profession.
Even though some people think that having good manners are old fashioned, this is simply not true as there isn’t a person in the world that does not appreciate a good mannered person. Therefore, try to follow the above mentioned rules, and you will be always respected as a person.