In addition to a balanced diet and regular physical activity, certain foods can speed up the fat burning process. Among them is coconut oil. Rich in fatty acid, it seems impossible that this oil can help you to lose weight, yet it is the case!
Coconut oil is miraculous oil with multiple benefits. It moisturizes and nourishes the skin and hair, helps treat many problems like wrinkles, stretch marks or burns.
But coconut oil is also a waist slimming ally! Indeed, this oil consists of medium chain fatty acids, triglycerides (MCT). They are easily digested and burned by the body. Thus, due to the way these fatty acids are metabolized by the body, coconut oil can reduce the appetite, stimulate the fat burning process by improving the metabolism, which results in a healthy weight loss.
How to use coconut oil for weight loss?
Here are some effective recipes using coconut oil to help you lose weight
- Take a tablespoon of coconut oil twice a day with meals. You can also consume it just after dinner and use it as a substitute for olive oil. It is best to use cold pressed virgin coconut oil.
- Add one or two tablespoons of coconut oil in a glass of warm water or herbal tea. Mix and drink regularly.
- In a glass, mix some lemon juice with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a little water. Then add some warm water and mix thoroughly. Drink this mixture in the morning. Lemon is also effective for weight loss.
- Mix two tablespoons of green tea leaves, hot water and a tablespoon of coconut oil. Let it stand for a few minutes before filtering. Drink slowly and steadily.
- You can also enjoy the benefits of coconut oil by adding two tablespoons of this oil in your smoothies, yogurt or fruit juices.
Smoothie recipe based on coconut oil
To make this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 can coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup water
- A handful of cherries or 1 cup blueberries
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix. You can add stevia to sweeten. Drink this smoothie regularly to enjoy its benefits.
How much coconut oil should you consume to lose weight?
Dose recommendations for consumption of coconut oil vary depending on the weight of each person:
- Between 90 and 130 lbs: ½ tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal, or in total 1 ½ a day
- Between 130 and 180 pounds: 1 tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal, or 3 tablespoons a day in total
- Over 180 lbs: 1 ½ tablespoon of coconut oil before meals, or 4.5 tablespoons per day in total.
It is generally advisable, especially for people who do not usually consume coconut oil, to include it gradually in their diet.
Start with 2 teaspoons a day, then gradually increase the amount.
What is the best time to consume coconut oil for weight loss?
15 to 20 minutes before meals is the perfect time to consume coconut oil. It will help you reduce your appetite. Be sure to liquefy it before consumption.
Coconut oil for weight loss for people with hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism refers to the low production of thyroid hormones by the thyroid gland, which plays an important role in the body. Among the symptoms of this disease is a visible weight gain, which is caused by lower energy expenditure and slowing of the metabolism.
Coconut oil can be effective for weight loss, in this case. It can speed up the metabolism and improve the thyroid function by providing the right kind of fatty acids.
Eat a teaspoon of coconut oil, then increase the dose little by little to get to 3 tablespoons daily.