Aloe Vera and coconut oil are well-known products to all of you as they are widely used in both commercial and DIY body lotions. Each one of them incorporates many beneficial features when skin conditions are concerned like rashes, psoriasis, eczema, irritated or dry skin.
As you already know they can be used separately, but when they are combined together they make a powerful combination which can be used in the treatment of many health conditions.
Aloe Vera is a plant abundant with water, particularly the leaves which contain high quantities of water. The coconut oil is pure oil, so you may think: how is it possible to combine water and oil?; but do not worry, you can combine these two ingredients only if you use aloe Vera gel and whipped coconut oil and this kind of consistency will bind the mixture.
Both these ingredients are highly beneficial for your skin; here below are all their health benefits respectively:
Health Benefits of Coconut Oil
- This oil contains antifungal and anti-bacterial features which are very helpful for different skin conditions such as rashes, eczema, psoriasis, sunburn, and skin irritations.
- It acts as a natural moisturizer and has the ability to slow down skin aging.
- Coconut oil can is beneficial for persons with dry skin as it can efficiently soften the skin.
- Acts as a makeup cleaner.
- Excellent base oil for massage.
- Hydrates the hair as well.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is a well-known natural remedy for minor burns and sunburns.
- It helps in the removal of stretch mark, scars, age spots and acne.
- Soothes rashes and irritated skin.
- Hydrates and revives the skin.
You can make your own healing natural lotion combined with these two ingredients which is even more efficient than the commercial ones as it is one hundred percent natural without showing any side effects.
Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil Healing Lotion
For this recipe it is important to use 100% pure natural cold pressed aloe Vera gel (not the juice), and organic virgin coconut oil of high quality. Coconut oil is used in solid form which provides a fluffy and light consistency thus creating great body cream. You will need only a small amount of it to use it on your skin which will be almost immediately absorbed.
- 1/3 cup of pure aloe Vera gel
- Half a cup of organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- A few drops of essential oils at your own preference (lavender, jasmine, rose, or vanilla essential oil).
Method of Preparation:
Use a bowl and mix in it the coconut oil and aloe Vera gel. It is important not to melt the coconut oil, but to use it only when it is in a solid form, or otherwise it will not work, remember water and oil do not mix. Start mixing the ingredients by using an electric or hand whisker for 5 to 10 minutes till you have whipped the mixture into a light, fluffy and airy consistency. Have in mind that a blender or food processor is not ideal for this recipe as both of them are warming up the oil, which will prevent it from whipping up. If you tend to use essential oils, add them while whisking the mixture.
Place the whipped mixture into a glass container because essential oils can interact with some plastics, and keep it at room temperature. However, if your home is warm enough to melt the oil, then to be on the safe side, keep it in the fridge as you need to keep its whipped consistency. In this way your lotion will last for several weeks.
It is used like any other hydrating lotion. For best results, apply this lotion after bathing while your skin is still wet. Likewise, it acts as a make-up remover.