Apple cider vinegar is one of the most used ingredients around the house. This ingredient could be used for numerous purposes such as in the kitchen, but also outside the kitchen as well.
In fact, many people actually take this product for granted and use it for everything, without actually being aware of the fact that it could also do more bad than good.
Due to these reasons we are going to present to you in this article cases in which you shouldn’t use this natural solution:
- Remember that you should never apply apple cider vinegar on waxed surfaces because its acidic property could eliminate the wax. For instance, if you polished your car and apply ACV on top of it the glow will disappear. On the other hand if you need to remove old wax it is best to use ACV.
- Don’t use vinegar on stoneware or marble countertops because it could make holes in the stone and could cause corrosion.
- Don’t clean the screens of your lap top or smartphone with vinegar because it will remove the thin layer of oleo phobic coating that they have.
- You should also try to clean aluminum and cast iron with vinegar because they are reactive services. In case you need to clean the cookware you could use vinegar but only if they are made of enameled cast iron or stainless steel.
- Don’t mix vinegar and bleach because it will release very dangerous gas such as chlorine.
- You shouldn’t use vinegar for plants that have been infected by pests.
- In case you become a victim of egging you should never clean the egg residues with vinegar because this way you will make the proteins in the egg to coagulate. If you do so you will get a gluey substance that could be much harder to get rid of.
- Many people think that vinegar is great for removing mold and mildew but in fact it only removes the surface mils. This is because molds are much deeper that you think and the best solution is use solution that will penetrate deeper than the surface in order to remove it.