How a machine that’s so wonderful could, suddenly turn so horribly smelly?
The answer is in the way the machine is designed. Front-loading washing machines have watertight, airtight doors that seal with a rubber gasket.
If you feel the smell of unpleasant odors probably your washing machine is contaminated with mold. This is the same mold that can also contaminate your bathroom and kitchen.
Why You Need To Clean Your Washing Machine?
A mold is afungus that grows in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. In contrast, fungi that can adopt a single-celled growth habit are called yeasts.
- Itchy eyes
- Watery eyes
- Runny nose
- Red eyes
Reported problems with front-loader mold have been eliminated almost entirely, according to the senior product director at Whirlpool. He credits consumers learning more about how to best maintain these machines and improvements in washer design and features.
How To Clean Your Washing Machine
Using potassium hydrogen oxalate, also known as potassium biooxalate, is a salt.
You must be cautious considering that they are extremely toxic.
Potassium hydrooxalate is strongly irritating to eyes, mycosis and gastrointestinal tract. It may cause cardiac failure and death.
To clean a top loader, run a normal wash cycle (on hot) and place 1/2 cup bicarbonate of soda and 2 cups white vinegar in once themachine has filled with water. Let is run as usual. The bicarb and vinegar break down any grease or dirt particles and keep the hoses nice and clean.
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- A sponge
- Tea tree essential oil (optional).
You should avoid breathing in baking soda and be careful with the vinegar on the sensitive skin.
- Use 1 tablespoon of soda.
- Prepare a mix of vinegar and water in ratio 2-1 or in 3-1 and pour into a spray bottle.
- Add a couple of drops of essential oil such as tea tree oil, citrus fruit or lavender for a nice smell.
- Spray the solution and leave it on for a few hours.
- Use a brush to scrub the mold and wipe clean.
- Leave your washing machine door open to let it dry totally.
- Before using it again, run a fast rinse cycle to get rid of the vinegar smell.