Chocolate cake is one of the most favorite desserts to many people, and even if you are on a diet or on some health eating regime, chocolate cake is your treat. It is packed with calories and tons of sugar, so it is highly avoided by weight watchers and paleo eaters. However, there is a healthier solution for this type of cake which is as well as delicious like the regular chocolate cake.
This chocolate cake is high in anti-oxidants, free of sugar and dairy. The sweetness comes from the remarkable maple syrup, and the topping is with coconut cream. All these ingredients are extremely healthy which makes it a delicious cake for consumption without having any guilt while eating it.
You can prepare it by combining cocoa powder and almond meal. This combo will offer enhanced chocolate flavor, and as well as it will provide it with texture and stability. Further on, include coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup in a pan, and in the end add the unsweetened dark chocolate and whisk till smooth.
Then mix the cocoa powder and almond meal mixture with the wet ingredients in order to create a thick mixture. After that, transfer the mixture into a greased pan, and place it in a fridge for 60 minutes.
Now, prepare the chocolate coconut frosting. Use coconut cream, maple syrup, and cocoa powder, and beat them by using a hand mixer. The resulting cream, place it in a fridge for couple of hours. If coconut water shows on top of the can, skim it off and save it for your smoothies.
Dark chocolate chips are hard to find in most of the grocery stores, however they are easily found online. But, you can use bars of unsweetened dark chocolate, chop them into tiny pieces and make your own dark chocolate chips.
After the needed resting time of the cake has passed, remove it from the pan by using a sharp knife. Then, flip it over on a plate, and do the frosting. Your cake is ready, now all you have to do is to slice it and enjoy it with your friends. We recommend this cake during summertime as it goes perfectly with a side of berries, or just consume it whenever you want since it is savoury any time of the year.
Let us specify the exact ingredients and method of preparation:
Naked Paleo Chocolate Cake
Required ingredients for the chocolate cake:
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1 cup of unsweetened dark chocolate chips
- Half a cup of cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- Quarter a cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk
Required ingredients for the coconut chocolate frosting:
- 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- One and a half cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Needed time for the final product: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Servings: 8 slices
- First take an 8 inch round cake pan, and grease it with coconut oil.
- In a bowl mix cocoa powder and the almond meal.
- Then heat the maple syrup, the coconut oil and milk. Next, transfer the mixture in a larger bowl and mix it with the dark chocolate chips.
- After that, blend in the wet ingredients, the cocoa powder and almond meal mixture. When nicely combined transfer the mix into a pan, smooth it with a spatula and freeze it for 60 minutes.
- Beat the cocoa powder, coconut cream and maple syrup with a hand mixer. Keep the cream in a fridge.
- Now, remove the cake from the pan by cutting the edges of the cake from the pan.
- Cover it with the previously prepared frosting.
- Store it in a fridge