Turmeric is an amazing spice packed with many beneficial properties and because of that has become widely used all around the world. It is packed with nutrients offering many health benefits, and as well as it is a potent antioxidant with strong, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
All these miraculous benefits come from the active ingredient contained in it which is called curcumin. It is a highly potent compound with wide range of uses. The advantages of curcumin are so numerous that there are over 7000 reviewed scientific articles which display its positive effects on our health.
Given the fact, that turmeric can be extremely health wise beneficial for the body, then turmeric water would be one of the healthiest beverages.
One lady from Bristol England consumed this healthy beverage for twelve months, and she was astonished by the results. Namely, now she has balanced pH levels which mean that she alkalized her body, improved her digestion and relieved her arthritis symptoms. She suffered from arthritis and this drink helped her substantially in alleviating all its symptoms, and she managed all this just by consuming one glass of turmeric water each morning for 12 months.
Preparation of this amazing drink:
It is quite simple: in a glass of warm water, include a teaspoon of ground turmeric with a pinch of black pepper, and stir it nicely. Consume the whole glass immediately, till it is still warm.
Use: Drink it every morning, and you will acquire the following benefits:
- Alleviates Arthritis symptoms– curcumin is so powerful that it can easily replace the anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), and even so the Diclofenac in treating pain and swelling, according to a conducted study of RA.
- Promotes heart health – thanks to the curcumin, the plaque from the blood vessels is eliminated thereby preventing formation of blood clots. A group of experts from Niigata University of Pharmacy and Applied Life Sciences in Japan carried out a study in 2011on male rats where they discovered that turmeric intake for a period of time of 3 weeks improved the heart condition in male rats. The study was released in the journal Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin.
- Reverses type 2 diabetes – namely, this spice can offer substantial help in treating diabetes. This was proven by a conducted study in 2009 by the Auburn University. The study was released in Biochemistry and Biophysical Research Communications.
- Battles against inflammation – inflammation is a condition that is a main cause for various diseases. Curcumin contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties hence successfully fights inflammations and protects the body system.
- Anti-Cancer Properties – due to the potent antioxidant properties, curcumin successfully prevents cancer as antioxidants have the ability to protect cells from damage.
- Improves digestion – according to scientists, regular intake of turmeric improves digestion.
- Liver protection – turmeric supports proper gallbladder function, efficiently protects the liver from the harmful consequences of toxins and successfully regenerates the damaged liver cells.
- Alkalizes the body – turmeric is extremely alkaline compound which is very important as cancer thrives only in an acidic environment.
- Protects the brain –Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) is a growth hormone, and if the levels of this hormone are low then this is frequently connected to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Scientists have proved that curcumin controls the levels of this hormone thereby preventing age-related brain functions and brain diseases.
- Postpones aging and promotes longevity–thanks to the ability of curcumin to successfully remove free radicals and prevent inflammation, the aging process is being slowed down.