From all consumed meals during the day, breakfast is the most crucial meal in the day, as with that meal we start the day and prepare the body for the upcoming tasks, promoting proper digestion and offering vital nutrients to the body, thereby offering the needed energy for the entire day.
The best option for starting the day would be oatmeal thus providing you with various health benefits. People have consumed this meal for thousands of years since it contains amazing medicinal properties which are very helpful in treating nerve problems, intestinal issues, skin conditions, and so on.
This full grain meal will provide you with 13gr. of protein and sufficient amount of manganese needed for the whole day, and all that it is contained in a small serving of oatmeal. Furthermore, it is high in antioxidants, vitamin B1, vitamin E, biotin, selenium, phytic acid, phenolic acid, Molybdenum, tocotrienols, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus.
Moreover, it is an incredible source of fiber and energy which will enhance your digestion. It contains low-glycemic index that will offer the body energy and at the same time prevent drastic sugar drops since it manages insulin use and surpasses sugar cravings. Consuming oatmeal in the breakfast, it will help you in the weight loss process as it will lower the calorie intake by outstanding 81%, and it will protect you from overeating during the day. This meal for sure it will protect you from overweight and obesity.
10 Health benefits of Consuming Oatmeal
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Boosts immunity
- Prevents breast cancer due to high fiber content
- Prevents childhood asthma
- Regular intake prevents gout
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes and it regulates blood sugar levels
- Safe grain option for people struggling from celiac disease or gluten intolerance
- Lowers the risk of cardiovascular issues
- Promotes longevity
Note: Always choose the less processed kinds of oats. If you a beginner, you need to start with steel-cut oats by including them to your favorite yogurts, smoothies, cookies, and muffins.
Important Facts about Oats
- Instant oatmeal; they are partially cooked before rolled thinly.
- Old–fashioned oats; they have the flat shape because of the steaming and rolling.
- Oat groats; they are unrefined kernels which are perfect for morning smoothies or for stuffing.
- Quick-cooking oats; the preparation is identical as with the old-fashioned oats, just in this case they are cut before rolling.
- Oat bran; this type of grain includes only the outer part of the oat grain being located beneath the hull.
- Steel-cut oats; they have dense and chewy texture, and are placed between running steel blades.
This meal is great choice for breakfast, however you can replace any meal with oats thus enjoy their benefits. They will keep you healthy and safe in the most tasteful manner.
Other sources included: