We are living in a stressful world and although we are trying to avoid it, it is just inevitable. But, stress is really bad for our body and overall well-being; hence we need to find some natural ways how to curb its negative effects. Moreover, many people struggle with anxiety every day causing them painful headaches.
There are many solutions for these issues which have been proven to solve our problem, but they are only temporary. Have you thought of using essential oils?
Lavender essential oil contains more than 150 active compounds, and acts as efficient antidepressant, anti-inflammatory agent and sedation agent.
Lavender Essential Oil
According to a performed study at the University of Florida, lavender oil can help in the treatment of anxiety and reduce pulse rates. It has been shown that surgery patients, who were treated with lavender-based aromatherapy, helped them to lower their stress levels prior the scheduled surgery.
Many other studies have proven that lavender essential oil is also very efficient in the treatment of many conditions like postoperative pain, alopecia, insomnia, anxiety, and stress. The use of lavender oil will help you sleep better, and at the same time neutralize the negative effect of stress. Additionally, the University of Maryland Medical Center has confirmed the antibacterial and antiviral effect of lavender essential oil.
Some of the benefits of lavender essential oil:
- Lowers stress and anxiety levels in patients treated in intensive care unit.
- This oil betters mood and offers healthy work environment in hospitals.
- Elevates pain tolerance in both children and adults.
- Helps women who struggle with depression and anxiety when receiving dialysis treatment.
- The olfactory administration of lavender oil lowers anxiety and elevates alertness.
Other benefits of lavender essential oil:
- It reveals many beneficial properties like antifungal effect which is great in the treatment of skin and nail infections.
- It acts as an antiseptic thus cleaning the skin of germs and other microorganisms.
- Thanks to the antibacterial properties it kills and suppresses bacterial growth, and its anti-inflammatory effect lowers the inflammation in several parts of the body.
- The antimicrobial action destroys and inhibits harmful microorganisms.
- This oil is antispasmodic thus alleviating muscle spasms and it is also analgesic relieving pain.
- It is a great detox agent cleansing blood and purifying the liver and kidneys.
We recommend you to prepare lavender lemonade that is very tasty, easy to make and great for your body. This refreshing lemonade is with sweet and tart taste, and thanks to the honey there is a sweet hint.
Health Benefits of Lavender lemonade
Drinking this lemonade will help you in the treatment of many health conditions like the following ones:
- High blood pressure
- Depression and/or anxiety
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
Recipe of Lavender Lemonade
- 6 organic lemons
- 12 cups of pure water
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 1 cup of raw honey
- Lavender sprigs for garnish (optional use)
Method of Preparation:
Squeeze out the juice out of the lemons, and then mix it with the rest of the used ingredients. You can adjust the taste to your preference.
Drink it during the whole day, your taste buds will love it, and the body will be thankful for its consumption.