Your oral health very much determines your overall health and well-being. So, oral hygiene is a must if you want to maintain your body healthy, one of the steps in oral hygiene procedure is mouthwash.
Mouthwash lowers the presence of plaque, and at the same time reaches and fights off the bacteria that evaded from the dental cleaning. This step is the last one in the oral hygiene procedure, which successfully removes bacteria and germs. Thanks to which your mouth is clean and fresh.
Up to now, it has been proven that cavities can be cured with adequate care and a healthy diet.
Here below are the benefits of using a homemade mouthwash:
- It does not cost a lot, and moreover it will provide you with amazing effects.
- You are in charge of which ingredients you will use and supervise its use. Tartar can be efficiently removed with completely safe and natural ingredients.
- No content of harmful chemicals contrary to the advertised commercial mouthwash products which are packed with various additives like dangerous chemicals, artificial sweeteners, colorants, preservatives, and flavorings.
In this article we shall present you with a recipe of a cheap, effective homemade mouthwash. It is based on the most common ingredient, baking soda, which will aid you in eliminating tartar and providing you with a white and healthy smile.
Baking soda or sodium bicarbonate is one of the most powerful cleansers used in so many ways, and one of these ways is maintenance of oral hygiene.
Thanks to the potent bleaching and stain removal properties, it is frequently utilized for teeth brushing. Likewise, it contains strong antibacterial properties which can eliminate tartar and microbes being the main causes of cavities and foul breath.
Here below is the procedure of preparing this mouthwash:
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- half a teaspoon of salt
- half a cup of hydrogen peroxide
- half a cup warm water
- 1 cup of cold water
First mix the salt and baking soda, then wet the toothbrush in some warm water. Spread the mix onto the toothbrush, and then rub your teeth. After that, spit it. You need to repeat this for two minutes.
The second step is mixing the hydrogen peroxide with the warm water. You need to use this solution for rinsing the mouth for a minute. Expel it from the mouthwash.
The final step, use a toothpick to remove the tartar from between the teeth, and after that rinse with cold water. You need to repeat this procedure two times a week.
We also advise you implementing the oil pulling procedure in your oral hygiene every day.
- Mouthwash mustn’t be swollen, since it may contain harmful compounds.
- If you did not know up to now, spicy foods stimulate the work of salivary glands, and saliva naturally sanitizes the oral cavity.
- For best oral health, brush your teeth at least three times on daily basis with proper toothpaste of high quality.
Other sources included: