Since 1940s the multivitamin and mineral supplements have been available for Americans. Today, millions of Americans use this type of supplements in order to improve their overall health and supply the body with the needed nutrients.
Many people consume the Centrum vitamins in order to balance the combination of minerals and vitamins. In the US more than 40% of the supplements purchased are multivitamins. This sums up around $5.7 billion out of $37 billion in supplements sales in 2014.
The bestselling multivitamins are Centrum vitamins which are also distributed across the world. Their pharmaceutical company also produces lots of chemicals and are constantly into legal battles for controversy and fraud.
Also the Center for Science in the Public Interest have threatened to sue Centrum due to false claim in 2012. The problem arose when the company was claiming that their products have been great for the health of the breasts and colon. Due to lack of regulation there were no standards or levels in this regards, so the suing was disregarded.
These multivitamins are highly regarded and advertised as great for boosting the immune system, but in fact they might be very harmful to your body due to the toxins it contains.
In this multivitamins there are at least 3 preservatives and color additives, as well as carcinogenic chemicals.
Here is detailed list of the dangerous ingredients found in these multivitamins:
- Calcium Carbonate is often found in shells, pearls, and rocks. It is increasing the calcium level in the body but it leads to strokes and heart diseases, especially in the elderly.
- Polyethylene glycol is the main ingredient used in the process of production of coal-burning plants, rocket fuel, and laxatives. Also it might cause serious damage to the kidney, hives, and allergic reactions.
- Hydrogenated oil is becoming toxic when you process it under heat and atmospheric pressure. Consuming this oil can cause clogging of the arteries which might lead to serious health issues. Also it might cause development of ADHD and Alzheimer’s
- GMO corn starch has serious adverse effect on the body and can prevent the detoxification process of the body. The organs that are most affected are the liver and kidneys, but it might also damage the heart and adrenal glands. Another side effect that it causes is the Hepatorenal Toxicity which affects directly the kidneys and lead to kidney failure.
- Titanium dioxide is also found to be carcinogenic and it is often used in products as whitening agent. According to FDA this compound is found to cause lung cancer in rats.
Centrum vitamins for children are also dangerous because they contain hazardous additives. Here are some details:
- Food dye blue 2 is color additive that contains extreme amounts of toxins which lead to development of tumors and general malaise.
- Sucrose is known to cause more than 100 side effects such as bloating, diarrhea, anxiety, problems with vitamin absorption, and problems with immune system
- Zinc oxide is considered as extremely harmful all across Europe. Also it is known that it causes diarrhea, problems with stomach lining, and constipation
- Lactose is specific enzyme which breaks down the lactose in the stomach and it might lead to lactose intolerance. Also it causes symptoms of bloating, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and cramping in the stomach.
- Artificial sweeteners are considered to be carcinogenic because they convert the formaldehyde and methanol which lead to more than 40 side effects. Some of the worst side effects are ADD, cancer, birth defects, and sclerosis.
- Cupric oxide is also considered really dangerous in Europe because it causes serious problems for the kidneys.
It is always highly recommended to consume vitamins through real, whole food. Always try to choose foods that are easily absorbed which contain lots of nutrients. Here is a list of best foods that contain lots of vitamins:
- Vegetables are extremely rich with minerals, vitamins, and phytonutrients. You can consume them throughout the entire day because they provide great health benefits. So for instance, you should always try to consume more avocados, broccoli, leafy greens, potatoes, cabbage, and watercress.
- Fruits are also packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Also they contain antioxidants, fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. It is great for regulating blood pressure and lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Fruits that are extremely rich with antioxidants are red grapes, acai berry, maqui berry, goji berry, and pomegranate.
- Herbs are also full of antioxidants, essential oil, phytosterols, and nutrients. They contain curcumin which the main ingredient of turmeric, and it is considered as the best and most powerful antioxidant. This antioxidant is great for preventing cancer, pain, and brain diseases. Herbs also contain volatile oil that are used for treatment of different ailments, and help in losing weight, anxiety, and digestion. One of the most powerful herbs are oregano, parsley, turmeric, garlic, ginger, and basil.
- Organic grass fed meat contains omega-3 fatty acids and high amount of nutrients. Also it contains low level of calories, vitamin E, and CLA. It is great for fighting cancer development.
- Pastured raw dairy contains acids, vitamins, and minerals, which are important for boosting your immune system. Regular use can help prevent cancer, problems with digestion, skin issues, and hair.
- Sprouted grains, seeds, beans, and nuts, contain great healthy enzymes which help you improve digestion. Also they are great for improving the absorption of nutrients and boosting the flora level in the gut.
- Wild fish is great source of fatty acids and protein which can help you prevent development of Alzheimer’s, and other diseases.
In case you decide to use supplements in order to supply the body with the needed nutrients you should always look for 100 percent organic. This type of supplements should contain the needed nutrients that are easy for absorption. Also try to avoid colored supplements, and those who contain soy, hydrogenated oil, corn, preservatives, and binders like magnesium stearate.
Make sure that you always read the labels when you buy multivitamin supplements, especially Centrum. Also make sure that you are not using artificial and synthetic vitamins like Centrum. Instead you should consume real food vitamins through whole foods.