Spices have been traditionally used for centuries and in the past were highly appreciated trading tool. Spices have also shown many medicinal properties which widens their use. The most commonly used spice is black pepper.
Nowadays it does not have a trading value, but its medicinal purposes are still of wide spectrum, specifically the black pepper essential oil.
Health Advantages of Black Pepper Essential Oil
Black pepper essential oil provides numerous remedial properties, such as: antibacterial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, carminative, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient, stimulant, and many more.
Here are some of its incredible uses:
- Antibacterial: The antibacterial properties aid in the fight against infections and insect bites. Black pepper’s consumption on regular basis cleanses the arteries, and lowering the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Antioxidant: The antioxidant properties prevent and even repair damage by free radicals, thus preventing liver issues, cardiovascular disease, and even cancer.
- Beneficial for the stomach: It elevates the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, hence enhancing digestion. Proper stomach digestion is crucial in the prevention of constipation, colic, and diarrhea. This spice prevents the formation of intestinal gas and it promotes urination and sweating, which on the other hand help in the elimination of toxic matter from the body.
- Neurological health: Black pepper is consisted of many compounds but piperine is the one that can decrease cognitive malfunction and memory impairment.
- Respiratory relief: Black Pepper can dissolve phlegm and mucus thus alleviating nasal congestion and sinusitis.
- Skin health: It is also beneficial for skin issues like vitiligo which is a skin condition that causes patches of the skin to turn white. Thanks to the presence of piperine in this spice the production of pigment is being stimulated thus curing vitiligo.
- Weight loss: Black pepper is of great assistance in the weight loss process, namely thanks to the outer layer of the peppercorn which stimulates the breakdown of fat cells, the fat is being burnt in the most natural way.
In what extent you will gain the benefits of black pepper essential oil very much depends on the way how it is consumed as it can be inhaled, ingested, or applied topically. Follow reading and find out more detailed information about the three possible ways of using black pepper essential oil and the offered benefits from each way of use.
- Aromatically: Black pepper essential oil has the ability to relax the mind when inhaled. When combined with oils such as lavender and juniper, it alleviates mental stress and assists people in dealing with the stress of quitting smoking.
- Orally: Once ingested black pepper essential oil offers the supply of sesquiterpenes, which are potent antioxidants promoting urination and sweating. These two ways help the body to remove harmful toxins from the body. Likewise, it helps digestion as it increases bile in the stomach, which assists in breaking down food.
- Topically:Black pepper oil along with some carrier oil applied topically aids in relaxing the muscle and relieving cramps and pulls. Likewise, it contains antispasmodic properties which help in soothing cramps, and then its antioxidant properties eliminate the uric acid from the blood thus making it beneficial for people struggling with arthritis, gout and rheumatism.