Smoking is a nasty habit which extremely damages the overall health. Cigarettes contain nicotine which can lead to the following health issues, including lung damage, high blood pressure and heart concerns.
Likewise, it speeds up the metabolic syndrome, Type II diabetes, and insulin sensitivity. Even though you have quit smoking, unfortunately it still remains in the body system. Furthermore, nicotine impacts the functions of the thyroid and the pituitary glands and decreases the adrenal and sex hormones.
This substance enters your body system through the mouth, skin, lungs, and the mucus layer just 10 seconds after you have inhaled it, and through the blood, gets to the brain.
Foods that can assist you in cleansing the body of nicotine:
- Broccoli is rich in vitamin B5 and C which are advantageous for the lungs.
- Carrot juice contains plenty vitamin B, C, A, K, and efficiently detoxifies the body. Thanks to its use your skin will be smooth, fresh, and glowing.
- Dry herbs are packed with vitamin A and E and substantially lower nicotine levels.
- Kiwi is high in vitamins C, A and E. The body of a smoker lacks these vitamins.
- Orange is abundant with vitamin C and other nutrients. Likewise, it lowers stress and treats anxiety.
- Pomegranate enhances blood flow thus assists in blood analyses.
- Spinach is loaded with vitamins and folic acid. Also the taste of tobacco is disgusting after spinach consumption.
- Water detoxifies the body through the skin. It offers the needed rehydration of the body since it is substantially dehydrated form the use of nicotine. Therefore, drink 8 to12 glasses a day.
So, we recommend these foods especially if you want to quit smoking or to refresh your body and cleanse it from the harmful nicotine.